How long does it take to revert a car from private plates to normal?

May I ask how it resembles like "some kind of immigration centre"?

Why of course.

It's full of shabbily dressed young men talking in foreign accents.

Why of course.

It's full of shabbily dressed young men talking in foreign accents.

Lol what about the dealers, who come dressed suited and booted talking in their "prestige" accents.. Are they not as bad?

Lol what about the dealers, who come dressed suited and booted talking in their "prestige" accents.. Are they not as bad?

Absolutely.

It is not a pleasant experience in there, is it?

Hi,

I'm looking to sell a car with private plates and use the money I get to buy another car as I cant get enough on PX. i know nothing about changing from private plates but from what I can gather from this, if i take the docs to dvla, they can do it all... depending on who serves me?

I have seen its £105 to put plate on retention.. do i then have to pay another £80 when the time comes to put it on the new car when i buy it or is this included in the £105?

Hi,

I'm looking to sell a car with private plates and use the money I get to buy another car as I cant get enough on PX. i know nothing about changing from private plates but from what I can gather from this, if i take the docs to dvla, they can do it all... depending on who serves me?

I have seen its £105 to put plate on retention.. do i then have to pay another £80 when the time comes to put it on the new car when i buy it or is this included in the £105?

the cost of transfer is included in the retention fee.

I have several plates, and each time i transfer or put on retention it takes anything from 1 day to 3 weeks. I think it depends on who deals with it at the dvla and what mood their in. It always best to avoid doing it at the end/begining of the month

Probably not a very good mood considering the public service cuts. I reckon 6-12 months would be the going rate.

:help: I have just sold my private number plate, does anyone know what I need to do in regards to paperwork?

The plate is on my car at the moment, I'm hoping the process is quick, because I may end up selling the car before the tax runs out at the end of August. I know I need the new logbook with the original reg number on it before I sell it.

Plus, how do I tax it if I don't have the logbook? :confused:

The last time I did a plate transfer (2 years ago) it took 5 weeks for the new V5 log-book to arrive and I couldn't sell the car until that was available.

Not sure about an MOT as my last car didn't have one as it was less than three years old.

how long does it take to take a private reg off a car and put the original back on?

what is the process and what happens with the new style MOT certificate?

if someone has recently done this can you please let me know as i need it off my car asap?

thanks

About 10 minutes if you go to DVLA in Sheffield.

Bringing old thread back, is the dvla still in sheffield? Where do I get a form from to put a private plate on retention?

Bringing old thread back, is the dvla still in sheffield? Where do I get a form from to put a private plate on retention?

The dvla office in sheffield shut in October I think, you may get the form online or at the post office.

The dvla office in sheffield shut in October I think, you may get the form online or at the post office.

Thank you :D