John Lewis- never knowingly undersold

It was £839

PC world price £779

I did, the net was more expensive. Genuinely.

Sorry I didnt' mean buying off the net but using it to compare and then going in to the shop to buy.

John Lewis.........stay well clear!!! I wouldnt buy anything from there. They are overpriced and the customer service awful xXx

If I was you I would go back to PC World buy another camera, then take it with receipt to John Lewis, this will prove they deff had it in stock, ask for your refund and then take 2nd camera back to PC World for refund as well, just a thought.

Or failing that, demand a full refund from JL then go and buy it from PC World.

It was £839

PC world price £779

If you can afford a 800 quid camera 60 pounds should be nothing to you.

Put it down to experience and go shoot some nice pics.

Also did you get a 3 year warranty?

Edited by Vanos

If you can afford a 800 quid camera 60 pounds should be nothing to you.

Utter tosh. It took me months to save up. I intend to take it up professionally so needed a decent DSLR- £800 is only a semi pro camera.

Utter tosh. It took me months to save up. I intend to take it up professionally so needed a decent DSLR- £800 is only a semi pro camera.

You should have spent a little more time looking around if cost is an issue.

I've done this too, bought something and then found it cheaper. Blame yourself not the store, hard pill to swallow, I'm as tight as you.

John Lewis.........stay well clear!!! I wouldnt buy anything from there. They are overpriced and the customer service awful xXx

That is why John Lewis and Waitrose are top of the High Street retailers in just about every category according to Which? magazine readers. :loopy:

Most of the big retailers probably recognise the John Lewis number that comes up and lie. When I used to do it, we always had competition from Maplins and I'm sure the guy on the other end of the phone knew who I was and so was particularly unhelpful.

You should have spent a little more time looking around if cost is an issue.

I've done this too, bought something and then found it cheaper. Blame yourself not the store, hard pill to swallow, I'm as tight as you.

Believe me I did the best I could. I am not blaming the store for being more expensive, I love JL and never have had a problem with them.

What I cannot bear is knowing the item is in stock elsewhere, is cheaper, but JL won't accept it as they have phoned and the store is telling them they are out of stock.

Most of the big retailers probably recognise the John Lewis number that comes up and lie. When I used to do it, we always had competition from Maplins and I'm sure the guy on the other end of the phone knew who I was and so was particularly unhelpful.

That did cross my mind. What can you do though!

I've shopped for years at Coles and JL and never had anything but good prices and extremely friendly and helpful service. I use their credit card as well.

I also like their system of having all employees as partners.

If they couldn't find the item on sale cheaper them the price guarantee doesn't apply. Sounds like you've been unlucky unless you can show that the item was in stock at the time you bought it but I struggle to see how you can do that.

An item on the shelves doesn't always mean that there are any in stock

Why would they lie to save JL the refund money, though?