As a child I lived in a house that had a very unpleasant feel to it - On several occasions I saw a figure, occasionally weird stuff would happen like radios turning on and off, things going missing and reappearing elsewhere, or never reappearing at all... I always used to ask my parents to 'listen for me' whenever I went upstairs, as I often felt 'followed' around up in the bedrooms and the bathroom... As I got a bit older, I could hear a woman in the attic, either screaming in pain (like childbirth) or sobbing, once crying for a 'Sally'? It was driving me mad - I moved when I was 10 years old, and all the time I lived there my family said they had seen and heard nothing... As soon as we were in the new house I didn't have to ask to be listened for, and my Dad then decides to tell me that he had seen and heard things there too, but didn't want to alarm me! I had been alarmed for about 8 years at this point! He also told me that he had had problems keeping workmen at the house when he first bought it, before any of us had moved in... One apparently ran out of the attic and refused point blank to re enter the house under any circumstances! The house would have been built around 1900... Some of the neighbours had lived there many many years, I asked them about a Sally, or anyone who might have spent any time at all in the attic, but noone had heard of her or knew anyone who had had any troubles in the attic... I'll not forget it though, and nothing would make me stay in a house as long again with such a antagonistic spirit...

I thnk I've posted something about this on SF before (but not this thread) but I used to live in a flat occupied by an old man. I only actually 'saw' him once, but I often used to have things switched on/off or 'moved about' ......at first I thought I was imagining things, until one day a small basket of dried flowers (sat on top of the telly) turned in a full circle and then shot off the telly sideways!!!!!

At that time, by the way, the TV was not switched on (before any sceptics mention vibration!!!)

I did some investigating ......and it turns out, the old chap was the grandfather of a former schoolfriend, and had died in the flat a few years previously!

Edited by Merlina

really good to read your storys,

its amazing how many people will talk about ghosts etc.

so nice that all of you are posting on here.

it is quite common to have a ghost in your house,its just people are worried what others think ,

omg lol im crappin myself reading this lol im sat in the dark with no lights on and im feeling like tingling in my body lol just got up and turned light on

omg lol im crappin myself reading this lol im sat in the dark with no lights on and im feeling like tingling in my body lol just got up and turned light on

You feel something because you mind tells u just like these other people ;)

Hi there

Some great stories here!

Verona

No didn't actually feel anyone as I wrote message.

Husband has just reminded me me of a time when he was in our attic room having a kip (the quietest room in the house) when he woke up feeling the duvet being gently tugged from the bed. (this has happened a couple of times) he thought it was me!

Ladystar

why not check the census 1901 - 1911 and see who was living in the house. You will have to pay a small amount but it is interesting to see. site is 1901-1911 census online.

What did you ask and what was the reply?

lol! I was a bit cheeky really. As usual, the faded outline of her was stood for a moment in the kitchen doorway watching me as I washed the pots. So, I turned and said to her, "If you like being in the kitchen so much, why don't you do me a favour and do the pots while I'm out?"

About a year later my sister and I organised a medium to come to our house to do some readings and she picked up on our residents.

The top and bottom of it was, our ghosts like us living in 'their' house, we make them laugh.

And by the way, she's (our ghost lady) laughing at you and says to tell you, "I've had years of washing up, so do your own pots you cheeky girl!" :o:thumbsup:

Hi there

Ladystar

why not check the census 1901 - 1911 and see who was living in the house. You will have to pay a small amount but it is interesting to see. site is 1901-1911 census online.

There is the new census, but who is to say that whatever it was was among the first occupants? She was dressed in a pretty odd fashion to be honest, and even though I know quite alot about fashions and period design, her dress didn't really match? It was much earlier than the house

There is the new census, but who is to say that whatever it was was among the first occupants? She was dressed in a pretty odd fashion to be honest, and even though I know quite alot about fashions and period design, her dress didn't really match? It was much earlier than the house

Could'a been something :huh: built there, before the current house, maybe?

Could'a been something :huh: built there, before the current house, maybe?

I would say so - the thing in there didn't always follow doors/stairs etc as they were in the house, but sometimes she did? Who knows?

I have another one, my best mate lived in a house not far from the one I was scared in... This is when we were adults though... She was convinced that her spare room was haunted, and claimed that the furniture would move soundlessly around the room... Although I had lived in a strange house as a kid, I didn't feel anything weird about her spare room - I often stayed in it when we went out etc and it was fine! She was also more worried by a note pushed through her door shortly after she first moved in, saying that the writer wanted to know if there was anything in the house??? With a number for her to call if she thought that there was... I just thought that the note was a prank, and the reason she was so convinced was her mind had played tricks wanting something to happen... Well, a few weeks before she was due to move house (she'd been there about 6 years) I stayed over... I woke in the morning, about 5am, and wanted to go to the loo. This was one of those terrace houses where you walk through the spare room to get to the loo, and so I went to the bathroom and shut the door - I am not joking, when I had done (2mins tops) the bed, wardrobe and bookcases were all on different walls! I hadn't heard a sound! I woke her up straight away and basically said 'I told you so!'... It took us far longer than 2 mins to put them all back!!!

LOL..re our resident ghost, he's not been walking through since I nearly bumped into him, maybe it was his way of testing if he could be seen?

Funny thing is I only realised there was no-one there after I appologised for nearly walking into him, I would love to know who he is.

Heard a similar spooky one from my mate just 2 weeks ago. He awoke in the early hours ( about 2.30am ) as the room had gone really cold, and saw the figure of a man stood up but leaning on the windowsill with his elbow.

My mate gasped and with the noise - the figure stood up straight and looked his way, he said he almost pooped his pants as the figure started to walk in the direction of his bed but as it did so it vanished! He woke his wife up who was sound asleep next to him ( nice of him I know lol! ) and told her what he'd seen. Safe to say neither got much sleep that night.

I asked him if he saw the face and he said yes, it was clearly visible. A man in his late forties, rugged. He says the house is newly built on what used to be factories in years gone by. :|