Has anyone got a resident ghost in their home?

When we moved into our house a couple of years ago (built 1883) I was aware of a presence. I didn't actually see anyone but felt strongly it was a young woman and I could feel what she looked like.

I didn't mention it to my hubby at the time, but a few days later he told me he had seen a woman in the dining room, she appeared cloudy then disappeared.

Before he said any more I described her, and he said that's exactly her!

We reckon she is somone who was living in the house around 1901 as she is Edwardian.

Looking at the census for 1901 there is family with a daughter Clara:When we talk about her, we especially feel a presence.

Thankfully it is friendly

Aberdeen, interesting story, maybe if your ineterested in finding out more about your house guest im sure sheffield paranormal society would be happy to investigate, they were very good when a friend of mine was experiencing strange phenomena in their home.

Thanks Peak Polly

We don't really want to upset her, know it sounds daft but a lot of the happenings took place shortly after we moved in, maybe she felt some insecurity. We haven't felt the presence so much lately, it only seems to be when we mention her name. The previous owners didn't mention anything.

Our ghost is an old lady who lived here and died in the 1990's. Her name is Gladys. My son and i have seen her a few times mostly upstairs but i have seen her once in our hallway. We have had the house blessed twice but she still pops in now and again. We feel her presence on the stairs. I didn't believe in ghosts but i do now.

Yes, we've got a couple of them still living with us... er... in a fashion, and a cat.

The lady and the cat move around the house and the old bloke is mostly in the garden. The only real disturbances we had was when we started doing work on the house about six months after moving in, but they soon settled again.

I once said something to her after she appeared in the kitchen, and when I had a medium come and check that what we were seeing was actually there, I was told the answer to the comment I had made!:smile:

We haven't had any problems and so have just left them as they are, although they have startled a few visitors over the years!

lol...yes we have a resident ghost, he's been here ever since we moved in and beyond quite possibly. I see him as a fleeting shadow walking through the kitchen but last week I met him full on. I literally stopped myself walking into him...as he was stood still,

Know this sounds daft but I walked round him to avoid, as if he was really there and actually said sorry to him, before realising there was nothing there.

He seems to be an okay ghost, no trouble and just passes through most of the time.

The dog will not go in my kitchen though and never has liked that room.

lol...yes we have a resident ghost, he's been here ever since we moved in and beyond quite possibly. I see him as a fleeting shadow walking through the kitchen but last week I met him full on. I literally stopped myself walking into him...as he was stood still,

Know this sounds daft but I walked round him to avoid, as if he was really there and actually said sorry to him, before realising there was nothing there.

He seems to be an okay ghost, no trouble and just passes through most of the time.

spooky!they always say that dog's sense ghosts.

didnt even offer him a cuppa, im never coming to your house

Yes, we've got a couple of them still living with us... er... in a fashion, and a cat.

The lady and the cat move around the house and the old bloke is mostly in the garden. The only real disturbances we had was when we started doing work on the house about six months after moving in, but they soon settled again.

I once said something to her after she appeared in the kitchen, and when I had a medium come and check that what we were seeing was actually there, I was told the answer to the comment I had made!:smile:

We haven't had any problems and so have just left them as they are, although they have startled a few visitors over the years!

What did you ask and what was the reply?

Thanks Peak Polly

We don't really want to upset her, know it sounds daft but a lot of the happenings took place shortly after we moved in, maybe she felt some insecurity. We haven't felt the presence so much lately, it only seems to be when we mention her name. The previous owners didn't mention anything.

Have you sensed anything whilst posting this thread? I wonder if these things are a vision of times past and at the same time they see us as a future vision? If you get what I mean.

i think we too have a young lady, i didnt know when i moved in but i too felt something and i too knew she was female and young.

sometime later we found out she had killed herself bless her. a man had broke her heart. our dog must feel her too as he gets so scared at night when we are in bed not everynight but he paces up and down, he starts shaking and panting.

im happy for her to be here after all its her home too. i talk to her when i feel she is here and i have never felt scared.

my mum had a girl in her old house, she lived there 11 years, we never found out who shes was but a few others have described the same girl as my mum kept seeing, shes been seen by 5 people and senced by a few others but each person as decribed the curly hair on the girl