Lump on my cheek...

Hey guys,

I am after a bit of advice. I have a small bump which is getting bigger on the side of my face, near the top of my jawbone. It has been there for a few months but i just thought it was a spot at first, but it has started to get bigger over the past week or so. It feels about the same size as a 5p piece, and is quite hard. It doesn't feel painful.

Could it be an ingrowing hair? Could it be a sist? Could it be something more worrying or could it just be a spot that is taking a long time to develop?

Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Ive got an appointment Monday, was just after some advice thats all.

hope all is ok for you!

Get this checked out now........it's been there a few months and you ask about it on a forum? Are you bleedin mad!!! Get to the doctors bigcheese!!!

Cheers....sorry mate, I thought you was being funny before.

Just posting out of concern matey thats all....

Hey guys,

I am after a bit of advice. I have a small bump which is getting bigger on the side of my face, near the top of my jawbone. It has been there for a few months but i just thought it was a spot at first, but it has started to get bigger over the past week or so. It feels about the same size as a 5p piece, and is quite hard. It doesn't feel painful.

Could it be an ingrowing hair? Could it be a sist? Could it be something more worrying or could it just be a spot that is taking a long time to develop?

Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

If you are going to the doctors anyway, there is no point in worrying too much, but it could just be something like a sebatious(sp) cyst (which is nothing at all to worry about). Is it hard or soft?

Edited by pennypie

Sounds like it could be a sebaceous cyst. I had one last year, a lump that had been there for years suddenly got a lot bigger and then all sorts of gunk came out. Antibiotics sorted it. Definitely needs a visit to the doctor to confirm what it is and what best to do.

It could be a blocked saliva gland if it's towards the ear, if it is it will probably fill and empty periodically you will still need to see the dr though.

Sounds like a sebaceous cyst. Is it painful? I had a sebaceous cyst and whilst it wasn't painful, it was everything else you describe. Had it removed and been spot on since. If anything the scar makes me look hard.