My Car broken into in Crookes

There was a story on the news that they are all going to be obsolete if radio switches over to digital. Won't be much of a market for them then....

The 220220 number, I had a good response, even though they dont really do owt, but I do hope they catch them soon, luckily mine had an alarm(I dont think they were expecting) so I just suffered a bent door, all though is ****ing annoying still esp. as I went through the car wash the other day and as the door wont seal properly now got soaked!!!!

Did the police call you back? I left the details etc and she said the police would probably call me.. I am going to attempt to bend my door back now. I just hope the window doesnt smash.

I need to put cctv on my car and get an axe in case i catch em.

Edited by Munch

A neighbour of mine in Crookes had his radio knicked twice in 3 weeks :(

CCTV on it now!

Who on earth would buy an old car radio anyway? What's the market?

I have no idea who would buy one. it was kinda silly of me to leave the front on it though. Once someone nicked the back of my radio only as i had the front on me. God knows what they could have done with that!

Did the police call you back? I left the details etc and she said the police would probably call me.. I am going to attempt to bend my door back now. I just hope the window doesnt smash.

I need to put cctv on my car and get an axe in case i catch em.

Yeh they called me back, and explained that its happening all over the city. As for bending the door back, you will prob never get a full seal on the door no wo when it rains it drips through!! Little ****ers, it makes you so angry, how dare they try and take what is not theirs, I just hope they catch some horrible disease/illness (maybe aids or cancer) and die a horrible death!! I dot normally wish stuff upon people, but they most deserve it!

Yeh they called me back, and explained that its happening all over the city. As for bending the door back, you will prob never get a full seal on the door no wo when it rains it drips through!! Little ****ers, it makes you so angry, how dare they try and take what is not theirs, I just hope they catch some horrible disease/illness (maybe aids or cancer) and die a horrible death!! I dot normally wish stuff upon people, but they most deserve it!

Its an old car so not too bothered about gaps in the seal (the sunroof leaks anyway), but it it still mine and, as you say, not theirs. Did the police come and have a look at it? I'm just curious cos I would'nt mind going to try and bend it back but if they're gonna come over later I'd best leave it for them to look at.

Its getting the same everywhere these days.

my sister lives in crookes and she had hers broken into a few weeks ago they broke in the same way bending the back door down and stole her radio... they need stringing up by the neck it really upset her.

If you are going to attempt to bend the window frame back, wind down the window, if possible, then place a well padded block of wood of suitable size just below the bend, get an assistant to hold it in place and against the door pillar, then gently force the frame back. I used a piece of 2x2 about 4ins long.

Then use a much bigger piece of 2x2 on the thief.