Why can't men do the Race For Life for cancer!?

I think we should protest... :suspect:

Well excuse me. I hope you are not putting all men into a category just because of a couple of stupid men giving you a bit of grief. Its ridiculous. So, if men ran The Race For Life, you would be wolf wistled. Don't get rapped up in it because one day when you think some male runners are talking about you or heckling you, and you have a go at them, you are going to look a right prat. Or to be honest, maybe you are going a bit :loopy: and think that all men do this to you all the time.

Sorry, couldn't resist.

Scoop is right, there is a men-only event in aid of testicular cancer - it's a series of bike rides

Isn't cycling a contributor to testicular cancer ?

if girls can be in the scouts, i don't see why men cant be in the race for life.

Does anybody know what the % of the money raised from race for life actually gets used for the work cancer research does, once admin, set up cost ect are taken into account. Does the entry fee cover all the charitys cost for setting up such an event.

if girls can be in the scouts, i don't see why men cant be in the race for life.

Its called possitive discrimination and is allowed nay activliy encouraged these days :(

Edited by Stumpy_

I hope I'm not making too sweeping a statement when I say that there are a lot of women who are put off taking part in some sports (whether deemed competitive or not) because they feel 'a bit daft'. By that I mean they would probably spend a lot of their time worrying about what other people think of them. 'I'm too slow to run, too heavy to run. Look at the shape of me. I can't run with these bouncing around', and they feel the presence of men only makes it worse! Hence, Women Only sessions in gyms. (The big knockers bit is actually something my wife has regularly cited. Lucky me eh?)

But that argument does not work as many men were also on the sideline cheering people on and although not taking part, were there.

How come men cannot do the race For Life. I thought everyone got cancer, not just women. Also im sure men will want to raise money for their loved ones who have cancer and everyone with it.

So what is going on!?

:confused::mad:

Why not organise one?

Its called possitive discrimination and is allowed nay activliy encouraged these days :(

but any discrimination on the grounds of sex, race and ethnicity is generally illegal in the uk.

A young chap from Sheffield has organised one called "chase for life"

google it and join in or start your own.

Men have Movember . Not many women can grow a moustache in a month !

Men have Movember . Not many women can grow a moustache in a month !

And there's money to be made from those who can

but any discrimination on the grounds of sex, race and ethnicity is generally illegal in the uk.

Tell the race for life people.

I dont think they know.