Goals on a Wednesday night

Been playing at Pitz Powerleague on a Wednesday night for years, but it has seriously gone downhill! hardly any teams and most of them are full of idiots just wanting a brawl. Can anyone shed any light on what Goals is like on a Wednesday night, as we are thinking of giving that a shot...

Cheers

My middle son goes on Thursday night to goals, says its ok

Played at goals in both a wednesday league and more recently in the thursday league and also played in a league at pitz for 3 years . Can honestly say they are leagues apart ( excuse the pun ) . Goals far outshines pitz both in staffing levels and cleanliness . Also it doesnt seem to attract the kind of " only there for a fight " kind of people that the pitz does . Maybe thats due to its no nonsense approach to any kind of physical violence . Take for example that one of our team got into a bit of a verbal argument with one of the other team " nothing unusal there ya might think " but then the other kid took a swing for him , the ref sent him off and told him that he would be fined and recieve a letter of caution , lets just say i aint seen the kid there since . Also whilst playing there on a wednesday night in a friendly i slipped and broke my wrist , the staff there could not have done anymore to help , they came to my aid straight away and helped me to the car so my brother could take me to the hospital as they said it would be quicker than the ambulance " i couldnt see this happening at the pitz !!!

All in all , make the move mate

Edited by Lisa*Marie*

Thanks for your replies, we have now joined up for Wednesday night league at Goals, which is good, unfortunately (for an unfit team) as the season is coming to an end we have been put in the premier league! well we did want some exercise and I hear premier league wages are spot on.

Cheers

Good choice , im sure you wont be dissapointed.

Good luck in the prem cos when we first started we got put in division 1 and it was just like chasing shadows week in week out !!

Well six years on, after swapping to Goals, it seems they are going downhill too! Hardly any teams on a Wednesday night and loads of cancelled fixtures as they don't have enough teams in each league. £42 a team may be part of the reason for it, but not sure.

Does anyone know if Pitz Power league has stepped it up on a Wednesday night as actually thinking of going back there, or any other suggestions as where all the 5 a-side teams have gone/where is good?

Thanks

Try goodwins, they have 5 and 6 a side leagues. Mostly seems to be student types so never any real trouble.

Hi Pitz now Powerleague is much improved since 2009

Our Wednesday 7 a side league has just ended but we have leagues on every other night

We would love to offer you a game for free if you wanna come back and check us out and see all the upgrades we have had

Thanks