Swine flu in Sheffield - latest developments?

Maybe a lot of people who are concerned are actually in high risk groups? I think all the folk scoffing about it haven't thought about that. ;) It's all very well being 'too cool for school' if you're fit and healthy but lots of people have disabilities and various conditions like asthma, heart disease, diabetes, HIV etc.

This is what's annoying me so much about people coughing over workmates and so on - it's totally inconsiderate and the people doing it are arrogant. Next time I have a bacterial infection how's about I squeeze some pus from my dressings into their tea, what? ;)

Urghh I was just eating a sandwich there.lol but your spot on.

The only people I know who has recovered is him out of harry potter. Seen as 10000 has had it confirmed I don't see the people numbers who have recovered . May be if we can have figures of survivors we may be able to sleep a little better.

How long do you think it lasts? Good god!! Get a grip!

Well I'm absolutely fuming now so allow me a rant.

I see that 3-16 year olds are priority for the jabs when they come in. Under 3s are not included as they are 'likely to be confined at home'. Excuse me but what century are these DoH experts living in? Not all of us sit on our arses at home waiting until we get the free childcare at 3, we put our little ones in nursery while we go out and earn a living, like we're told to do. So the babies of the rich and the idle are going to be considered safe while working mums' kids are allowed to be exposed to risk? And I noted that NHS and Council admin managers will get them as priority....oh but of course......:rant:

It doesn't help that they're the same sorts of scruffs who blow their noses on their sleeves.

as disgusting as this sounds, if you dont have a tissue to hand, sneezing or coughing into your sleeve is much better than into your hand. This reduces the possibility of transmission onto hard surfaces where the virus can be transferred on for upto 24 hours.

Edited by gravity426
spelling

Maybe a lot of people who are concerned are actually in high risk groups? I think all the folk scoffing about it haven't thought about that. ;) It's all very well being 'too cool for school' if you're fit and healthy but lots of people have disabilities and various conditions like asthma, heart disease, diabetes, HIV etc.

This is what's annoying me so much about people coughing over workmates and so on - it's totally inconsiderate and the people doing it are arrogant. Next time I have a bacterial infection how's about I squeeze some pus from my dressings into their tea, what? ;)

My best friend, my Dad, my brother and one of my sisters all fall into more that one high risk category each. I think in their cases and in the cases of those of us worring about them it's even more important that a cool head is kept and that scare mongering is kept to a minimum.

The facts for what we need to do are available on the NHS Direct Website and pulling statistics (that are at best guess work, at worst designed to cause panic) out of thin air and causing more distress than needed is downright irresponsible.

The fact is we are all quite likely to get swine flu at least once in one of it's forms over the next year or so. Flapping and making a fuss doesn't make that any less likely and really REALLY wont improve the situation.

I would love to know what the problem with being realistic and sensible about it is?

People have every right to be concerned, but lets keep our heads and not make an already awfull situation into a nightmare.

i had a letter home from school yesterday saying that swine flu was a birkhill in eckington. iv not sent my son today as his age group is high risk. i know people are joking about it but it's scarey when it involves your children.

My best friend, my Dad, my brother and one of my sisters all fall into more that one high risk category each. I think in their cases and in the cases of those of us worring about them it's even more important that a cool head is kept and that scare mongering is kept to a minimum.

The facts for what we need to do are available on the NHS Direct Website and pulling statistics (that are at best guess work, at worst designed to cause panic) out of thin air and causing more distress than needed is downright irresponsible.

The fact is we are all quite likely to get swine flu at least once in one of it's forms over the next year or so. Flapping and making a fuss doesn't make that any less likely and really REALLY wont improve the situation.

I would love to know what the problem with being realistic and sensible about it is?

People have every right to be concerned, but lets keep our heads and not make an already awfull situation into a nightmare.

superb post ,but what you have failed to take into account is it has no millage in it for the scaremongers and panic merchants :hihi:

my hubby is a hgv driver n if he got swine flu he would dose up and go to work, if doesnt he'll lose his job!

disgusting, selfish attitude. luckily, even if he wanted to go to work, he wouldn't be able to get out of the house, such is the impact flu has.

disgusting, selfish attitude. luckily, even if he wanted to go to work, he wouldn't be able to get out of the house, such is the impact flu has.

its whats known as getting on with life and not panicing and closing the country down

its whats known as getting on with life and not panicing and closing the country down

another one then? idiot.

once again though, if the posters "hubby" had swine flu, work would be bottom of the list of his priorities.

Your signature says it armageddon!

Your signature says it armageddon!

It's what's known as extracting the urine;)