Swine flu in Sheffield - latest developments?

What lab analysis.

Patients are no longer being tested.

Up until yesterday a cross section of patients from Sheffield were still being swabbed. This is FACT.

The first doctor i saw wasnt "sure" if it was or not but then last night i started getting pains in my legs and ribs fairly bad, so going on that and the fact i have every single one of the symptoms on the list of what ever guidelines they are following that is how they came to the decision

Hi hope your starting to feel a little better. You should be resting so don't worry about answering the spanish inquisition until you're back on your feet :).

The first doctor i saw wasnt "sure" if it was or not but then last night i started getting pains in my legs and ribs fairly bad, so going on that and the fact i have every single one of the symptoms on the list of what ever guidelines they are following that is how they came to the decision

So you actually have a diagnosed case not a confirmed case. I really hope you are feeling better soon and many people are recovering fairly quickly so fingers crossed for you.

At the end of the day whatever the diagnosis is it doesn't make you feel any better.

Hi hope your starting to feel a little better. You should be resting so don't worry about answering the spanish inquisition until you're back on your feet :).

ahah yes your right, im layed on the sofa at the moment watching some tv and trying not to feel too down...but thanks

I have asthma and im not going to lie but i havnt felt this ill for so long, but not really has my asthma being effect apart from one day and a tiny bit last night, the inhalers i have have helped me a great deal. So fingers crossed its on its way out

Thats great to hear :)

A colleague of mine is off with his wife getting it, and it is confirmed.

Without the lab test how do GPs know what strain of flu they're dealing with ? There is no difference in major symptoms between the strains of flu so surely those figures can be nothing more than guesswork ??

pretty much, its based on the normal flu figures for this time of year and they are using the increase in figures to determine what % may actually be swine flu.

Here here. I do think they should raise their game with testing everyone though, not for numbers, but to keep an eye on how it spreads and develops. This morning they blamed people not going to the docs for the low numbers diagnosed. It's more like the docs are sick of it and can't be arsed to check anymore.. Now this is stupid because the one thing I will let the doom and gloomers off with is speculation that it might get worse (but this does not mean yeah, punch out the worse case scenario and draw exact parralels with Spanish flu either because thats just BS!!!!)

Its the government that says prepare for the worse, hope for the best . Hope or prepare ? Prepare I think.

i see mass hysteria has broken out -STOP PANICING

i see mass hysteria has broken out -STOP PANICING

I agree with you to a point, but the media isn't helping to subdue the panic, they are reporting in Times on line how death certificates for swine flu victims will be fast tracked. Now thats not very reassuring is it?

I agree with you to a point, but the media isn't helping to subdue the panic, they are reporting in Times on line how death certificates for swine flu victims will be fast tracked. Now thats not very reassuring is it?

I bet for every case of someone dying that the media report on they don't report on the 1000's of people who have had a mild dose and recovered.

Fast tracked, but not mass produced. It's all worded to get this kind of reaction. Why? Because the vultures in the press won't be happy unless we're unhappy with the NHS and government, end of story.

It's about time the British public gave something back to the British press and stuck two fingers up at them.