Swine flu in Sheffield - latest developments?

Yes I think I would have taken her in if I'd been waiting much longer, She's so tired, hot and achy. Runny nose, eyes and sore throat not being sick so much now but was really bad in the night poor thing. Dr has just been in contact and he said it sounds like it and is getting in touch with the government as they need to report any suspected cases to them. 10 minutes late a lady from the goverment department has just phoned and I have to go and pick up some tamiflu for her from the hospital. I had to make an appointment so there must be a lot of people going.

Yes I think I would have taken her in if I'd been waiting much longer, She's so tired, hot and achy. Runny nose, eyes and sore throat not being sick so much now but was really bad in the night poor thing. Dr has just been in contact and he said it sounds like it and is getting in touch with the government as they need to report any suspected cases to them. 10 minutes late a lady from the goverment department has just phoned and I have to go and pick up some tamiflu for her from the hospital. I had to make an appointment so there must be a lot of people going.

Yes I expect so. Sheffield Park Academy has a confirmed case but has recovered. well how long have they known. The letter has only been sent out today. Stinks . Teachers , headteachers and the health authority are playing games with peoples lifes. I never want to catch swine flu and I should have the choice to avoid areas of infection . Why not call an early 6 weeks holiday at schools with infections? Swine flu is a man made virus! May be the perfect biological weapon. Mascarade a flu as normal flu. Then when after a number of mutations it becomes deadly. I can only speculate but until the origins of this virus is known all possible containment should be the highest priority. Why is cobra having meetings about swine flu? Why does the w.h.o. Say its a threat to all humanity. ?

hope she feels better soon BB

Bilbo let us know if you get it please. if you don't get it that would be encouraging news!

you must be worried sick, hope she`s feeling better soon! xx

Does anyone know if the rumours are true that Limpsfield School, Brightside/wincobank has a case of swine flu?

I agree with comment regarding starting 6 weeks holiday early, my doctor told me they are hoping that it will die out when schools close.

it seems different races are affected In different ways. Canadian and Australian aboriginal peoples are effected worse than whites. The asian community seem to be more at risk. This is put down to larger households... Mmmmm I wonder? Whatever and wherever this flu comes from people all over the world are demanding the truth. The airlines should have been closed straight away but money says no! How much is one human life worth. After the Swine flu pandemic is over we should round up all the rich people and burn them. Like I say the economy will recover unlike the millions of people who are going to die from swine flu .

I heard a family from England who went to china for a holiday was held in there hotel and can not come back till the daughter is clear of the flu.

I do agree schools should close early for the hols.

Liam Donaldson today said in the uk, about 8000 cases , 14 deaths, 360 in hospital, 45 critical. So you have about 1 in 20 chance of being hospitalised. CLOSE*THE*SCHOOLS you fools. He also said its nearly epidemic levels in birmingham and london. Don't take risks with your children's health keep them off school! This is very serious !!!!!

Liam Donaldson today said in the uk, about 8000 cases , 14 deaths, 360 in hospital, 45 critical. So you have about 1 in 20 chance of being hospitalised. CLOSE*THE*SCHOOLS you fools. He also said its nearly epidemic levels in birmingham and london. Don't take risks with your children's health keep them off school! This is very serious !!!!!

I totally agree,schools should close now,it seems to me that they dont seem to realise how serious things have got and if i had a child at school especially if any of the pupils at the school had swine flu i would definately keep them away,i know how important education is but the childrens health is much more important and swine flu is a potential killer.

The death rate is at most 0.45%. Allowing for the fact that the actual number of cases will be a lot higher than reported, I don't think we need to panic!