Swine flu in Sheffield - latest developments?

my daughter & i have a really bad flu virus and on tamiflu ,so i cant imagine having swine flu cos i bet its bad, i no people who has had it and its not nice

Really? I quite enjoyed my bout of it.

Not much worse than a heavy cold for most people plus a couple of weeks off work!

ive had it since friday (well thats when it really floored me) and im only just feeling my old self and am up and about i had the tamiflu though. plus ill be back to work at the weekend as im near enough better now and its driving me mad being in the house now and ive only got a cough now and a bit of a temp and hoping these go for the weekend as i cant go back untill my symptons have gone apparently. so hopefully ill only need to be off for a week at the max

Edited by katy1981

Just heard that 1/3 of pupils at Springfield school are off with suspected swine flu! Scary stuff. The school is stopping open as well

My Son, nephew & cousin all had swine flu the same week, they are all ok now, its been way over hyped by the media

My Son, nephew & cousin all had swine flu the same week, they are all ok now, its been way over hyped by the media

I wouldn't be so sure - the second wave is expected in the next few months and may put the NHS under huge strain. All NHS and medical and nursing staff are being asked to provide up-to-date contact details and info about their experience in different specialities to their current one to form a database for emergency cover should there be excessive numbers of staff infected with the virus and increased numbers of admissions on top of the usual increased 'winter' workload.

Edited by Daven

I wouldn't be so sure - the second wave is expected in the next few months and may put the NHS under huge strain. All NHS and medical and nursing staff are being asked to provide up-to-date contact details and info about their experience in different specialities to their current one to form a database for energency cover should there be excessive numbers of staff infected with the virus.

I was referring to the fact that they are scaring people, they are making it out to sound as though you will die if you get swine flu

i have the solution,

run for your lives were all gonna die

I wouldn't be so sure - the second wave is expected in the next few months and may put the NHS under huge strain. All NHS and medical and nursing staff are being asked to provide up-to-date contact details and info about their experience in different specialities to their current one to form a database for emergency cover should there be excessive numbers of staff infected with the virus and increased numbers of admissions on top of the usual increased 'winter' workload.

only three problems with that post - both highlighted

Got it for the 2nd time.

Getting fed up. This time the tamiflu isnt helping

So im guessing this is the stronger wave x

Can you get it twice ?

Anyhow my son is quite pooly with the common cold syptoms,high temp,dizzy,tummy ache,cough.

I rang the docs for him and they said he couldnt go in the surgery and i had to ring the number for swine flu.

After ringing it they gave me the number to collect tamiflu,i asked the adviser......Does he have swin flu then,and she replied..........Well i dont know i cant say if he has or not,after giving him the tablets :S.

When i went to collect the tablets i spoke to the pharmacist and told her that i dont think he has swine flu and she advised me to be very carefull as the side affects can make him worse and to make my own judgements on giving him it.

I feel very confused because i dont want to give him something that is going to make him more pooly and what is swine flu like how bad are yu when yu have it ?.

How do you know you have even got it after all you cant see a docter and you only need to answer to 2 of the syptoms to be awarded tamiflu,im sure i could answer even 2 and im fit and healthy :(

Yeah I've been swabbed both times and it came back positive.

Im in my last year at school but we were told itsbetter to get it now so if you have it you may carry on at school.. How gay?

Yeah I've been swabbed both times and it came back positive.

Im in my last year at school but we were told itsbetter to get it now so if you have it you may carry on at school.. How gay?

No I think they will allow you to carry on at school as an hetrosexual. just because youve had swine flu does not mean you have to start stroking your best mate.