Swine flu in Sheffield - latest developments?

It WILL end, just ride it out as best you can ((hugs))

The only people I know who has recovered is him out of harry potter. Seen as 10000 has had it confirmed I don't see the people numbers who have recovered . May be if we can have figures of survivors we may be able to sleep a little better.

Well I got diagnosed with it today - I'll write back to you in a week if you like and let you know I'm better if that will help your figures.

If there's nothing else wrong with you, its like having a normal flu only not as bad. You just need to make sure you keep quarantined because it is more contagious than seasonal flu so if you give it to someone who already has health problems then that would be a tad thoughtless. I'm just going to have a few days working from home and a weekend watching dvd box sets, whilst taking my tamiflu.

Fast tracked, but not mass produced. It's all worded to get this kind of reaction. Why? Because the vultures in the press won't be happy unless we're unhappy with the NHS and government, end of story.

It's about time the British public gave something back to the British press and stuck two fingers up at them.

I totally agree with this post. If everyone stopped believing everything seen in the press, there would be a lot less uneccessary panic. I had a cold the other week. Didn't bother me in the slightest. I've got over it, life goes on.

Finally someone talking sense about what having proper flu is really like.

I got flu during an epidemic one christmas - (maybe 8-10 years ago). I lost 1 stone in weight, couldn't eat, couldn't sleep, it was an effort just to get up out of bed and go to the loo. I felt like death, every muscle and bone aching for 7 long days. The onset was very rapid, one minute I was feeling fine, within 45 mins I was feeling like I was at deaths door - that's the difference between a cold and flu.

If you really have flu as opposed to a bad cold you wouldn't be able to drive into work let alone do anything once you got there.

It was probably over the millennium new year and Christmas, as that's when the last serious flu epidemic was happening.

I came down with it on New Year's Eve and couldn't really stop because we'd got my step children staying with us. Staying up and mobile for them was harder than overcoming chemo, which I'd done a couple of years prior to that.

It was probably over the millennium new year and Christmas, as that's when the last serious flu epidemic was happening.

I came down with it on New Year's Eve and couldn't really stop because we'd got my step children staying with us. Staying up and mobile for them was harder than overcoming chemo, which I'd done a couple of years prior to that.

Thanks for that. It's that kind of encouragement people need, not the scare-mongering, based on at best spurious fact, or conjecture. Good man!

Take the number of dead away from that and you have your survivors.

But have they recovered ?

Relax! I've only ever had proper flu once, about 5 years ago, and if it really is flu, you're not going anywhere. You feel so bad, you can't even get out of bed, much less get to work. We had a doctor who said he has a test. He puts a £20 note in the garden. If you can get it, you've only got a bad cold!!

I know, I've had it twice and it's bloody evil! This one's a bit different though. A lot of people are still pretty active with it as it doesn't necessarily hit you hard for days on end if you're lucky - and that's people who have been swabbed etc and confirmed as having the virus.

The problem with flu is it's so damn contagious. I wish I could get permission to personally give a huge kick up the backside to any dirty hog who doesn't use a hankie.

But have they recovered ?

Well I know 2 people that were confirmed cases. 1 is now back at work, the other is back at school. Fully recovered and feeling fine. :roll:

I have read that deaths in healthy people from swine flu are mainly caused by cytokine storm. This is how h5n1 cause's death. H5n1 is 90 percent fatal.I see mr baggins has stopped posting , I do hope this is not bad news. I'm not saying this swine flu is h5n1 however cytokine storms are very scary indeed. Some goodnews though , a healthy man in australia has just come out of a coma after ten days , having originally being sent home with paracetoml. His mother commented on his plight stating'' he was so bad he wanted to kill himself , the government should stop saying this is like normal flu'' . Yes I know your going to say it will effect people in different ways but even on bbc news tonight they said 1 in 200 , a figure I suggested days ago.

They went on to say that many more will have had it and self medicated. These people can't have watched the news or its wishful thinking on the governments part. The 20 quid note posts puts this conjecture into perspective .

So has anyone heard of silver colloid? I'd be interested to hear from others who have used it.My partner and mother-in -law have been on about it for the last year,I've never really looked into it much.My mother-in -law sent me this link earlier.

http://colloidalsilversecrets.blogspot.com/2009/05/colloidal-silver-vs-swine-flu-swindle.html

remember when aids came out everybody was going to die from bog seats its not going to happen stop worrying about this sh**e some will die but i dont think any more than any other flu. i hope:confused:

remember when aids came out everybody was going to die from bog seats its not going to happen stop worrying about this sh**e some will die but i dont think any more than any other flu. i hope:confused:

Maybe a lot of people who are concerned are actually in high risk groups? I think all the folk scoffing about it haven't thought about that. ;) It's all very well being 'too cool for school' if you're fit and healthy but lots of people have disabilities and various conditions like asthma, heart disease, diabetes, HIV etc.

This is what's annoying me so much about people coughing over workmates and so on - it's totally inconsiderate and the people doing it are arrogant. Next time I have a bacterial infection how's about I squeeze some pus from my dressings into their tea, what? ;)