Swine flu in Sheffield - latest developments?

Its been a lot busier than normal.

That's only the maternity unit. I went out about 9 months ago and.................:hihi:

swab also swob (swb)

n.

a. A small piece of absorbent material attached to the end of a stick or wire and used for cleansing or applying medicine.

b. A specimen of mucus or other material removed with a swab.

2. A sponge or patch of absorbent material used to clean the bore of a firearm or cannon.

3. A mop used for cleaning floors or decks.

4. Slang A sailor.

5. Slang A lout.

tr.v. swabbed also swobbed, swab·bing also swob·bing, swabs also swobs

1. To use a swab on.

2. To clean with a swab.

I am a Nurse. SO before you correct someone check your spellings.

Yes and Harold Shipman was a doctor.

why are people panicing over this -the experts tell us daily that is no worse than normal flu in healthy people

I've had nasty flu since friday so called up the gp on monday morning to find out their advice, they told me to ring NHS direct. Whos took my symptoms and said it might be swine flu and might be normal flu they weren;t sure, but just to stay at home and contact them if things got worse. Work told me I should really go into the doctors, so I phoned the GP again who said DO NOT go to the doctors as it would spread whatever it is I might have.

Interestingly they said that there is seasonal flu going around as well and that the symptoms of swine flu are much less severe then the normal flu. So if your feeling really bad it's probably just normal flu. Either way they wouldn't swab me at the GP and NHS direct said they might send me one in the post and they might not. So was left in limbo really, might have it might not, no-one is going to test me, if I do have it then I shouldn't be going into work. Work think I'm faking it as not getting any kind of test.

Hey ho. I get the feeling that it is in fact rife across sheffield, but you really shouldn;t be worried about it because the symptoms are really mild anywa

What is the latest on this? Approximately how many cases are there in Sheffield and where eg a school, uni, specific workplace or in the general public.

I've had nasty flu since friday so called up the gp on monday morning to find out their advice, they told me to ring NHS direct. Whos took my symptoms and said it might be swine flu and might be normal flu they weren;t sure, but just to stay at home and contact them if things got worse. Work told me I should really go into the doctors, so I phoned the GP again who said DO NOT go to the doctors as it would spread whatever it is I might have.

Interestingly they said that there is seasonal flu going around as well and that the symptoms of swine flu are much less severe then the normal flu. So if your feeling really bad it's probably just normal flu. Either way they wouldn't swab me at the GP and NHS direct said they might send me one in the post and they might not. So was left in limbo really, might have it might not, no-one is going to test me, if I do have it then I shouldn't be going into work. Work think I'm faking it as not getting any kind of test.

Hey ho. I get the feeling that it is in fact rife across sheffield, but you really shouldn;t be worried about it because the symptoms are really mild anywa

I'd go and cough all over the sods ! (Re. work)

I have been exactly the same as you - although work have been great & have said stay at home. NHS direct said they can't say it is but can't say it isn't either & they may send me the swab thingy in the post.

I suppose this is how it will be for many people

two confirmed cases at chesterfield

I've been feeling ill with flu like symptoms today and not gone to work, it's a little concerning because the other day (Tuesday i think) this passenger in my cab was coughing his guts up in the back and tbh i was thankful when he got out in a selfish way.

Now i feel ill.

I've been feeling ill with flu like symptoms today and not gone to work, it's a little concerning because the other day (Tuesday i think) this passenger in my cab was coughing his guts up in the back and tbh i was thankful when he got out in a selfish way.

Now i feel ill.

You're up in front of a computer or laptop, that's a good sign you probably don't have flu unless its not fully kicked in yet! Don't worry.....