Swine flu in Sheffield - latest developments?

On Tuesday i was told 24 hours. On Weds i was told 48 hours because they are innundated. Today i was told that the Lab would contact me directly when my results were ready. I'm still waiting..............

Sounds like a right nightmare ! are you confined to the house too?

Yes i am. Though i have been told by a fairly reliable source that if i have it, i won't be contagious anymore. I'm awaiting official word ..

The Sheffield Primary Care Trust have just released a statement confirming 8 new cases have been confirmed in Sheffield today. Not yet clear where they are.

In the midlands area they have stopped testing people now, and are diagnosing people on their clinical signs and symptoms.

One confirmed Staff case and one confirmed student case at Sheffield Uni, no more so far.

Although I am starting to feel a bit rough :gag:

2 confirmed students now and Walk in the hallamshire will become a swobbing centre if it gets bad over the weekend.

Hadn't really paid too much attention to all this but my daughter started with 'flu like symptoms' today. All achy and tired and running a very high tempreture, feeling nauseous and with diarrhoea. obviously i won't send her to school like this but I'm wondering whether I should get her tested and if so how? Maybe when I call the school on Monday it might trigger something. I work in a hospital and I know we have a swine flu policy but it doesn't cover this.

Yes I have heard! Eton already closed and opened again, it seems all the posh schools get it first. ?

yes they are the only ones that can afford to leave the country. Due to the rest of us being in the grip ofthe credit crunch.

case (s) reported at byron wood school pitsmoor

school is open and the rumours that more kids are in hospital with it from the school over the weekend is not helping:(

this is why people panic .if only someone would be straight and give some information and some facts !!