Meadowhead School - totally ridiculous

Apparently they were outside already when the downpour started and waited to see if it stopped, at NO point previous to that did a teacher say they could not go out even though they knew that heavy downpours were likely.

So you're saying that the school has written a downright lie in their letter where they say the children went out on purpose?

And do they not have enough sense to go inside when there's thunder, lightning and torrential rain? They were "waiting to see if it stopped"?

Seeing as this is a school related thread, let's have a maths lesson.

Here is today's lesson:-

School ruling + disobedience = punishment.

Yesterday afternoon my son came home with a letter from Meadowhead

School,saying he would be in detention today (Tuesday) after school.

The reason was that he and many others had the audasity to, go out in

the rain, I kid you not.

The letter reads

"Several Y8 and Y9 students have gone out in the torrential rain today

to get soaked deliberatley.

So you're saying that the school has written a downright lie in their letter where they say the children went out on purpose?

And do they not have enough sense to go inside when there's thunder, lightning and torrential rain? They were "waiting to see if it stopped"?

My two sons attend the school Y7 & Y9 so I was aware of this yesterday as my Y9 had many friends involved but he was not involved himself (on this occasion :rolleyes:)

To be fair to the school the children were told NOT to go outside and simply disregarded the request....punishment followed to the jackass students who did !!

If they had done as they were told there would be no punishment !!

:huh:

Apparently they were outside already when the downpour started and waited to see if it stopped, at NO point previous to that did a teacher say they could not go out even though they knew that heavy downpours were likely.

They were only spoken to when they finally managed to make it through the rain back into school ( this is apparently what happened with my son and 3 of his friends I cannot say what the others were doing).

Originally you said he " had the audacity to go out in the rain" after several replies you changed the story to " he was out already"

Another parent with children at Meadowhead says that they were told NOT to go out....so where does the truth lie????

Of course consant questioning of your child when hearing other peoples views invokes a "change of story" cos they may be in the wrong.

Lets face it as a parent haven't all kids "tried it on" and pleaded their own case before the full facts are out???

I dont know what happened ...I wasnt there....BUUT reading what other parents of kids at the school have wrote....and your contradictive posts...I tend to believe that the letter the school sent out was right....

your son was in the wrong and disobeyed the order NOT to go out....once the letter was sent out...he was thinking..."oopss double punishment i gonna be grounded" so he tells you he is "innocent" or whatever and its extreme ...on questioning him he changes his story...... bless the little angel...he don't want double the punishment!!

My child is at brinsworth comp and they weren't allowed INSIDE because there was no teachers available to look after them!!! How about get off ya fat backsides and supervise! So anyway, had to sit in class all afternoon then with wet clothes! Top stuff :rant:

Hang him...

Hanging's too good for them.

Burn them.

And then hang them.

Easy with the "picking on" teacher's grammar. This is a message board not and English essay. i'm training to be a maths teacher and couldn't really give a **** about my spelling sometimes.

Back on topic: ha! seems you got caught out! - Lovin' it!

Since changing the school day to 8.30 to 2.45. This gives the children very little time for dinner never mind a chill with friends. No surprise then when they decide to be a little mischievious. This was one of my concerns when the school day was cut in the first place.

I absolutely cannot believe you are a teacher with spelling and grammar like that. And a capital letter in the middle of a sentence. Please tell us which school employs you so we can avoid it.

Sorry about the capital letter in the middle of a sentence, that was my mobile phone. I hate predictive text. We are allowed a day off, im not teaching you on here am i?

Glad we sorted out the problem.

Easy with the "picking on" teacher's grammar. This is a message board not and English essay. i'm training to be a maths teacher and couldn't really give a **** about my spelling sometimes.

Back on topic: ha! seems you got caught out! - Lovin' it!

Thank you . . . sorri thnx shuwarrior ha ha.

Since changing the school day to 8.30 to 2.45. This gives the children very little time for dinner never mind a chill with friends. No surprise then when they decide to be a little mischievious. This was one of my concerns when the school day was cut in the first place.

just because they make the school day 15 minutes shorter you expected the kids to be naughty???

They go to school to learn, not to 'chill with friends'- they get enough holidays to do that already.

I can see this from both sides of the story.

If a school asks a group of children to do something, or not do something then of course they should do as instructed.If they ignore the instruction then there should be an explanation as to the importance of the need to do as asked.

The teachers and heads are under pressure to keep order in schools as they always have been. In the 70s there was corporal punishment( not for standing outside in the rain of course) We were all made to play out when it rained!

In the noughties there is detention or exclusion if rules are deliberately ignored.I guess the frustration that the staff feel when the kids ignore their instructions are borne from several things.

1.They cant have anarchy in the school.

2.Health and safety rules are always at the back of their minds as they are responsible for the safety of all children.

However, I can also see this from a teens point of view that if a rule appears to be unreasonable to them and unjust they are unlikely to comply.Getting wet doesnt hurt them.That is how they think.

That is why I think education rather than punishment wins the day.

I know this is alternative, but it is just the way I see it and the detention system often has little effect.

Don't the letter from the school is telling all the story here! If 30-40 kids ran out in rain and a teacher asked them to come back in and they refused then I totally agree with the detentions!