Child Abuse Advice Needed!

I need some advice regarding child abuse, I know a child that may be being abused and i'm not too sure what to do, I never like reporting things over the phone, I would much rather do it via email.

However i am worried about repercussions that is something that is putting me off of reporting this incident but i am going to list my suscipions and i would like to know what you would do.

I have heard from a couple of people that the child involved told a few people the following:-

They are forced to stay in their room almost all the time.

They do not get fed that well.

They are left alone quite a lot as their parents go out and the child in question is around 9 years old.

Apparently they have been dragged around the house.

They get smacked a lot.

Also i have had a lot of concerns regarding these people for a long long time due to the number of people seen entering the property.

I have always had suspicions of the following:-

Possible drug taking

Possible drug dealing

Maybe people paying for sex

The amount of people that enter the property is something i've never seen before anywhere, never have i seen so many different people go into a property, It may be totally innocent but something doesn't seem right and now i have found out this information regarding the child i am concerned about the situation.

But what should i do?

Edited by sheffield32

If you really are concerned about it then you can call 101, or crime stoppers and remain anonymous.

If you dont have the courage of your own convictions then reporting these people is the last thing you should do. It always gets my how brave people are when reporting things anonymously citing 'scared of repercussions' routine. Be adult about it and if its important enough to report then itsw important enough to give your name.

If you are acting out of genuine concern for the child then you should report what you know to be true, not something that you heard from somebody who heard it from somebody else. If your motives are good, and your information is factual, then you should act accordingly. If not, Zip it.

I need some advice regarding child abuse, I know a child that may be being abused and i'm not too sure what to do, I never like reporting things over the phone, I would much rather do it via email.

However i am worried about repercussions that is something that is putting me off of reporting this incident but i am going to list my suscipions and i would like to know what you would do.

I have heard from a couple of people that the child involved told a few people the following:-

They are forced to stay in their room almost all the time.

They do not get fed that well.

They are left alone quite a lot as their parents go out and the child in question is around 9 years old.

Apparently they have been dragged around the house.

They get smacked a lot.

Also i have had a lot of concerns regarding these people for a long long time due to the number of people seen entering the property.

I have always had suspicions of the following:-

Possible drug taking

Possible drug dealing

Maybe people paying for sex

The amount of people that enter the property is something i've never seen before anywhere, never have i seen so many different people go into a property, It may be totally innocent but something doesn't seem right and now i have found out this information regarding the child i am concerned about the situation.

But what should i do?

myself i would have already done it.

If you dont have the courage of your own convictions then reporting these people is the last thing you should do. It always gets my how brave people are when reporting things anonymously citing 'scared of repercussions' routine. Be adult about it and if its important enough to report then itsw important enough to give your name.

Why should i have to give my name? Why should i risk repercussions? I would like to know why you think that i should not report this anonymously? Sorry but i think you're wrong! People have the right to report things without providing a name especially when the people they are reporting seem very abusive.

If you are acting out of genuine concern for the child then you should report what you know to be true, not something that you heard from somebody who heard it from somebody else. If your motives are good, and your information is factual, then you should act accordingly. If not, Zip it.

I am genuinely concerned for the child involved as i don't think they should be treated that way but i don't know 100% if all the information is correct, I know that one or two things are definite.

No doubt you are a real soild citizen?

Brave words my friend, however the OP is right to be concerned. If their suspicions are correct, then the people concerned will be the type of scum who won't bat an eyelid in dishing out some retribution.

I'd agree with you if only our fantastic justice system was a vehicle that would protect you and look after your interests.

Reality is you'd be left to sort out your own problems, which if you have family can put others at risk.

I'm all for dishing out some justice to people who deserve it, and would love the law to serve and protect, but it don't!

I am genuinely concerned for the child involved as i don't think they should be treated that way but i don't know 100% if all the information is correct, I know that one or two things are definite.

if you know for definate one or two things are happening it should be reported.

No doubt you are a real soild citizen?

Brave words my friend, however the OP is right to be concerned. If their suspicions are correct, then the people concerned will be the type of scum who won't bat an eyelid in dishing out some retribution.

I'd agree with you if only our fantastic justice system was a vehicle that would protect you and look after your interests.

Reality is you'd be left to sort out your own problems, which if you have family can put others at risk.

I'm all for dishing out some justice to people who deserve it, and would love the law to serve and protect, but it don't!

You're absolutely right and those reasons are exactly why i would not want to reveal my name, these days and with the society we live in today you're not safe as you don't get enough protection and i also agree that i don't think they would hesitate to get violent or aggressive if they knew who reported the matter.

Why should i have to give my name? Why should i risk repercussions? I would like to know why you think that i should not report this anonymously? Sorry but i think you're wrong! People have the right to report things without providing a name especially when the people they are reporting seem very abusive.

Thats what it boils down to. Your rights.

Report it and if you dont have the balls to leave your name then do take the cowards way out and the people who seem abusive may have their lives turned upside down for no good reason.