Advice on a good pet shop (and pet) in sheffield

just managed to pick up some confidence and reply. still undecided.

Are their any council officials on this board to help explain to me why i cant do "an act of charity" and help re house 3 battery hens??

Hamsters or something else kept inside might make a better first pet anyway. It's all well and good having chickens outside in the summer but in the winter when it's wet and freezing it's nice not to have a reason to go outside.

Not saying that out of lazyness, my Mum used to keep chickens and is the least lazy person in the world and even she complained about having to go outside twice at day for it.

My impression of hamsters went up recently when I stayed at my friend's place, her housemate was looking after a hamster and let it out to have free reign of the living room. It actually found its way back to it's cage when it wanted to go back in, I thought that was clever. It sits in the top section when it wants to come out again as well. Guineapigs on the other hand, I still think they're pretty dense ;)

Stainboy,

One of my hamsters is really pretty dense. The other is in the process of being clicker trained and will do anything for a sunflower seed.

However, he is desperate to play with the cat. I call that a tad dense. :lol:

Stainboy,

One of my hamsters is really pretty dense. The other is in the process of being clicker trained and will do anything for a sunflower seed.

However, he is desperate to play with the cat. I call that a tad dense. :lol:

lol! :D

I have a rather odd hamster too... she doesn't know how to runin the wheel, but instead runs on top of it! :loopy: hehe

http://www.facebook.com/home.php#/video/video.php?v=133970010012

Haha! Rocky does that. Then he stops and slides between the wheel and the cage down to the floor, climbs up the bars and back on top of the wheel. Strange creatures!

Hehehehe v odd but v funny! When Moly is given fruit she gets so excited she picks it up, runs around in a circle, then stands up on her back legs and falls backwards :D she's so silly!