I've been with TalkTalk for about 2 years now. No major problems. When the stupid window fitters severed my phone cable and didn't bother to tell me, they sent a BT engineer out who fixed it and I fortunately did not get charged for because it was "outside my house".

I pay £19.99 for my phone line, I get free broadband and landline calls anytime, which I don't think is bad.

Its the taking over from your last isp that's the problem.You should have had the other cut off as talk talk started.

I have had talk talk for about 3 years now and only at first did i have a minor stability problem but they fixed it very quickly.I can have 2 xbox 360's a laptop and my other pc all on at the same time and it holds up fine even if im on youtube on both pc's and the 360's are playing online.

I've been with this company for nearly 12 months and have had no problems. My bills are usually about £18-20 per month, which is not bad for free evening and w/end calls, including many international, and broadband. Also, friends are with talk talk so free calls to them anytime. However they have to make money somewhere so charge an 8p connection fee for all chargeable calls. It all depends of course, which tariff you choose. Their help lines are free too.

sorry to say it but your screwed, my girlfriends parents use talktalk and now for some reason only 1 out of 3 computers will connect to the internet!? Also it limited and they usually end up have no internet for a week!

I believe they are associated with AOL in some way which dosen't surprise me cos they are crap aswell!

Try and get sky mate, tv + phone + web, you wont regret it!

TalkTalk .... Had a few initial teething problems with the broadband connection, but everything is fine now. Quick connection and cheap tariff ... what more do you want

sorry to add to your misery but my mate has had nothing but grief with Talktalk - we're in heeley area with Virgin and it's been fantastic service (cable!)

Yeah i considered Virgin, I'm sure like me in Heeley you get 10 Virgin flyers through the door each week?!!

Just phoned talktalk, nothing they can do to help apparently to get me up and running any quicker.

I wonder if they have already started their monthly direct debits?!

i think under contract law you have 24 days from the start of the contract to decide against it - not sure on the specifics but if you can change to virgin i'd reccomend it - we get 'net, phone and TV for £30 a month and they've never let us down and even ring us up every few months offering us free tv upgrades for a month!

I have just moved with Talk Talk and had the same, 6 weeks for the broadband to be moved over (no previous supplier at the new address)

That said i had no charge for calls between the phone line being installed and the broadband going live as they say that that is your account activation date. MY advice is ring Talk Talk and confirm this then get on the phone to everyone for as long as you like for free

I signed up with Talktalk on the day they were launched back in April 2006. At first it was a nightmare, new company etc. but I must say now everything has settled down they are great and the prices are out of this world, how else can you ring all over Europe for free plus many other countries in the world. Can't fault them.

Are you just after broadband?

If it's costing you money, what about using a 3G dongle until you get up and running? You'd have to look to see which one suits your needs best but it may be the way forward for now.

Yeah, good suggestion.

Cheers to Sheffbag, I'll milk it for what it's worth!!