Local campsite recommendations needed!

Busheyheath Farm, just outside of Tideswell, is in a fab position. http://www.busheyheathfarm.co.uk/

Dogs allowed (must be on lead)....and they've got a simple farm shop from which to buy provisions. They also have some animals that the kids can see (incl alpacas!).

Cheers, Carrie

with no electric you should be paying £15 tops , depending on facilities. Try Rivendale on the A515 between Ashbourne and Buxton . Shop , bar and restaurant on site as well as immaculate showers and toilets . And it's on the tissington trail .

Sorry to gate crash, but we went walking at Monsal Dale a month or so ago and we noticed a campsite not far from the pub there. Naturally at the site of an erect tent on a warm sunny day my mind went into overdrive and to cut a long story short, I'm trying to book us in for late August-early September.

The campsite is called Park House. Has anyone been?

I'd NOT recommend Middlewood Farm.

They have lots of fields but shoehorn tents too close together. When you get your Little Englanders putting out their "fences" of windbreaks you can barely move.

The 11pm "silence" rule is totally ignored because morons think their tents are like houses and completely soundproof.

There's supposed to be a 2 metre firebreak between tents and they regularly flout the rules. If you try and put your views across on the UK Campsite website your comments are deleted - I wonder if it's because they are a major advertiser?

There's not enough toilets or showers and you regularly have to queue in peak season, and they get filthy in no time at all.

There's a much better site across the road at High Hawsker.

Sorry to gate crash, but we went walking at Monsal Dale a month or so ago and we noticed a campsite not far from the pub there. Naturally at the site of an erect tent on a warm sunny day my mind went into overdrive and to cut a long story short, I'm trying to book us in for late August-early September.

The campsite is called Park House. Has anyone been?

yes,this is brilliant,lovely scenery,fairly cheap(about£8per night)lovely,child friendly pub very near.not manyluxuries but very friendly,reccomend you book as it is small...01629 640436.

I'd NOT recommend Middlewood Farm.

They have lots of fields but shoehorn tents too close together. When you get your Little Englanders putting out their "fences" of windbreaks you can barely move.

The 11pm "silence" rule is totally ignored because morons think their tents are like houses and completely soundproof.

There's supposed to be a 2 metre firebreak between tents and they regularly flout the rules. If you try and put your views across on the UK Campsite website your comments are deleted - I wonder if it's because they are a major advertiser?

There's not enough toilets or showers and you regularly have to queue in peak season, and they get filthy in no time at all.

There's a much better site across the road at High Hawsker.

What is that one called, lookin to go up again soon, what are the prices like. We must have fell lucky at middlewood farm, none of the problems u encountered, and it was in the school hols.

yes,this is brilliant,lovely scenery,fairly cheap(about£8per night)lovely,child friendly pub very near.not manyluxuries but very friendly,reccomend you book as it is small...01629 640436.

Thanks for that rockdog:thumbsup:

I've stayed on some pretty spartan campsites in my time so the lack of amenities is no hardship. And it is a beautiful part of the world...

**PS dont come on 'ere much anymore - I 'spose the camping section is still no nearer to becoming a reality?

I would recommend Barn Farm Campsite which is in the village of Birchover (about 4 miles outside Bakewell). It's a great site with great facilities and caters for families, groups and campers with pets.

Heading to this site in Birchover this weekend.....can anyone recommend any pram/buggy friendly stolls out and about that way so we can introduce our little one to the delights of the area?

Cheers,

Webkey

Hey, know its a bit further afield but there is a great site at Fylingthorpe, just outside Robin Hood's Bay called Middlewood Farm. Me and my wife took our 3 daughters for our 1st camping trip a couple of weeks back and had a great time there. It was very reasonably priced (£56 for 2 adults and 3 kids for 2 nights) with good facilities, a 10 minute walk to Robin Hood's Bay, local pub and shops nearby and a 10 min drive to Whitby. All in all a really good site an would definitely recommend it.

I have just come back from there and only paid £18 for 2 people for 2 nights (no car) but it is a great camp site.

What is that one called, lookin to go up again soon, what are the prices like. We must have fell lucky at middlewood farm, none of the problems u encountered, and it was in the school hols.

http://www.yorkhousecaravanpark.co.uk/

Reviews: http://www.ukcampsite.co.uk/sites/reviews.asp?revid=6200

Apparently they get a lot of disappointed refugees from Middlewood Farm!

A work colleague stayed here:

http://www.baynessfarm.co.uk/index.htm

He said it was good.

There are a few more recent reviews of Middlewood Farm on here which talk of the overcrowding and noise:

http://www.ukcampsite.co.uk/sites/reviews.asp?revid=3473

Don't get me wrong, it's a great site. Good facillities and superb location. But spoilt by overcrowding. Go at a quiet time and you'll have it made.

Edited by alchresearch

i would like to recomend the grouse and claret at rowsley near matlock its a very nice site the phone number is 01629 733233

Can also recommend Thorpe Hall at Rudston near Bridlington here Tarrif is £16 per night until 16/07 then ups to £23 per tent through summer season. Very nice site, heated shower and toilet block also they do lovely home-made cakes in the shop but dont hang around because they soon sell out. A fair walk down to nearest pub (1 mile away) The Bosville Arms which has some good beer and food. The walk back to the campsite is always fun, passing the local graveyard in the dark with the hooting of barn owls and bats flying by.