9/11 conspiracy theories

The major problem is that the media is complicit in the coverup. Whether its a conspiracy or a **** up the government does not want us to know what really happened, and the so called free press has done very little to try and find out. The odd article here and there is just not good enough. Its a recurrent problem which basically lies in the fact that a large percentage of the media is owned by multinational corporations with vested interests. The rest of the media which is supposedly independent relies hugely on advertising for its revenue, advertising by the same multinational corporations!

The point I'm trying to make is that knowledge is power and that to give 'the people' knowledge through accurate, truthful, and non biased reporting would be disastrous for those in power as we might actually start questioning either their competence or their motives!

Whether or not 9/11 is a huge conspiracy we will never know the truth because nobody is prepared to tell us. Its simply not in their interests. The truth is a dangerous thing, and should not be taken lightly.

Thanks for that Mulder, give my regards to Scully. :D

Thanks for that Mulder, give my regards to Scully. :D

And just what part of the post are you referring to with that comment? What Hanskiz says is completely sound. To think the world is not like that is to be very naive.

StarSparkle

Absolutely excellent post, Hanskis - very well said.

I'll second that. :thumbsup:

And just what part of the post are you referring to with that comment? .

StarSparkle

we will never know the truth because nobody is prepared to tell us

What Hanskiz says is completely sound. To think the world is not like that is to be very naive.

StarSparkle

Or paranoid.

As for a conspiracy involving the media, never heard of Fahrenheit 9/11, winner of Best Picture at Cannes 2004.

we will never know the truth because nobody is prepared to tell us

Or paranoid.

As for a conspiracy involving the media, never heard of Fahrenheit 9/11, winner of Best Picture at Cannes 2004.

The rather pathetic film made by Michael Moore? Yes, of course I've heard of it. And? Are you trying to say the existence of such a film is evidence that the media keeps a watchful eye on what the political elite get up to to maintain their power, and will blow the whistle on them when needed? Get real pal. Not a hope.

StarSparkle

The rather pathetic film made by Michael Moore? Yes, of course I've heard of it. And? Are you trying to say the existence of such a film is evidence that the media keeps a watchful eye on what the political elite get up to to maintain their power, and will blow the whistle on them when needed? Get real pal. Not a hope.

StarSparkle

Hurrah we agree on something, The film was tripe, made by that bufoon Moore. My naming of it was not an endorsement, just an example that the subject has been covered.

Oh and by the way I'm not your pal, pal. ;)

Hurrah we agree on something, The film was tripe, made by that bufoon Moore. My naming of it was not an endorsement, just an example that the subject has been covered.

Oh and by the way I'm not your pal, pal. ;)

Well, perhaps you should express yourself more clearly if you don't want misunderstandings to arise - I was thinking you were a fan of Moore from what you said :o

And, btw, I'm not your pal, either, so we're agreed on something else... ;)

StarSparkle

Absolutely excellent post, Hanskis - very well said. I can't believe I missed it when you originally posted it.

StarSparkle

Thanks!

To those who think I sound paranoid, I know, but the fact of the matter is that the media IS largely owned by big corporations (or mostly Rupert Murdoch!!), and I personally wouldn't trust any of them as far as I could throw them (ie, not at all). I don't think I'm being watched by the men in black (or aliens, or the government), but I do think that what is read in the media and how events are portrayed, should be taken with a pinch of salt. Thats all. Its not a big conspiracy as such it is just corporations doing what is in their interests, if this coincides with the truth then fantastic, but often I think the two are at odds.

Don't believe everything you read!!

Thanks!

To those who think I sound paranoid, I know, but the fact of the matter is that the media IS largely owned by big corporations (or mostly Rupert Murdoch!!), and I personally wouldn't trust any of them as far as I could throw them (ie, not at all). I don't think I'm being watched by the men in black (or aliens, or the government), but I do think that what is read in the media and how events are portrayed, should be taken with a pinch of salt. Thats all. Its not a big conspiracy as such it is just corporations doing what is in their interests, if this coincides with the truth then fantastic, but often I think the two are at odds.

Don't believe everything you read!!

Or should that be "Don't believe ANYTHING you read on face value" ? :help: Remember - everyone has an agenda and will try to promote that agenda if they can.

Having said that - having thought very carefully about what you've said above, I fully agree with you and endorse what you've said :thumbsup:

StarSparkle

Thefact that news organisations are biased doesn't mean that the nutjobs who invent theories about September the 11th have got it even slightly right either. The various conspiracy theories about that terrible day are easily shown to be utter garbage (read back through the thread) and the only effect that global media organisations really have is in the way that they spin the incompetant way it was all dealt with by people like Bush.

Can't believe this old chestnut is still on the go!!! There was no conspiracy so get over it and move on....... anyway surely you could be doing something more constructive by shaking your big conspiracy sticks at more recent events :D

Thefact that news organisations are biased doesn't mean that the nutjobs who invent theories about September the 11th have got it even slightly right either. The various conspiracy theories about that terrible day are easily shown to be utter garbage (read back through the thread) and the only effect that global media organisations really have is in the way that they spin the incompetant way it was all dealt with by people like Bush.

Well said!