Anti-BNP Love Music Hate Racism Event

Are the two innocent people that were merely walking past Griffin at Westminster out of hospital yet after being pushed to the ground and injured by his henchmen in suits and dark glasses??

And whilst we are on the democracy joke..since when has 8% of the vote justified a seat? That's 92% who couldn't give a flying f:::about the BNP.. Elections aren't won by parties, they are lost by the others. That's the danger of voter apathy!

The fact still remains that what ever the rationale, this sounds very much like an attempt to silence a viewpoint i.e. 'I want to ban those that say another group should be banned'

You have a lot to learn about freedoms generally, and freedom of speech in this particular case. Your freedoms END where someone else's START.

Those wishing to keep the BNP out of power are free to use any legal means to do so. Using illegal means is - well - illegal. Trying to prevent them from being allowed to stand and present their views, is very much illegal, and any concert which is an open attempt to do exactly that, will likewise be illegal.

Any concert which is merely attempting to highlight what a bunch of fascist, hate-spewing lowlifes the BNP are, is entirely legal and will have my full support. I made that clear in the very paragraph that you quoted.

In the spirit of democracy we could invite Nick Griffin to mc the event. Can't say fairer than that. Wonder if would need to bring a change of clothing though?

And whilst we are on the democracy joke..since when has 8% of the vote justified a seat?

Plaid Cymru has less than two per cent of the British vote, but numerous seats in the Commons. Sinn Fein likewise.

In the spirit of democracy we could invite Nick Griffin to mc the event. Can't say fairer than that.

I'll settle for the organisers saying he'd be made welcome if he chose to attend. After all, if they wish to promote anti-racism, it would be a major coup if they could get someone as openly racist as Nick Griffin to take an interest in their actions.

Plaid Cymru has less than two per cent of the British vote, but numerous seats in the Commons. Sinn Fein likewise.

And since when have the Welsh, Irish or Scot nationalist parties been representative of the whole of the UK?? Der! That's like saying Sheffielders only have 0.0035% of the vote!

Besides,they have fewer MEPs to elect from those regions because of the PR system.

And since when have the Welsh, Irish or Scot nationalist parties been representative of the whole of the UK?

They are not. Neither is the BNP. However, under the system we use to elect our politicians, all of them get seats.

Are you suggesting a system in which the largest-polling party gets 100% of available seats and all other parties get zero?

There is no perfect/fair voting sytem. I'm suggesting that if you want to return to the days of Toxteth, Brixton etc keep voting BNP. I'll give you a chance to tell me what nice people the BNP are. Waiting...waiting....waiting...still waiting.

Bored of this. Off to buy some eggs.

I'll settle for the organisers saying he'd be made welcome if he chose to attend. After all, if they wish to promote anti-racism, it would be a major coup if they could get someone as openly racist as Nick Griffin to take an interest in their actions.

'nuff said!

Whoever said that it will be a **** up and a knees up?

I will be there to protest about the BNP getting 2 seats in the EP, and it is my right as a citizen to protest about something that will effect me!

There is a petition that hopenothat are going to present to the EP when Brons and Griffin take their seats, i urge anyone who doesn't want them there to sign it!

Whoever said that it will be a **** up and a knees up?

I will be there to protest about the BNP getting 2 seats in the EP, and it is my right as a citizen to protest about something that will effect me!

There is a petition that hopenothat are going to present to the EP when Brons and Griffin take their seats, i urge anyone who doesn't want them there to sign it!

I take it you voted then? wouldn't it have been easier for the rebels/unwashed/pary goers to this event..........have voted?

It seems a little late for protests, last Thursday was the day for you protests/prevent the BNP.

Out of interest will there be a beer tent at this event?

If so, I'll probably come along beer, music & sunshine, not a bad way to spend a summer afternoon:thumbsup: