Has there been swine flu at Lydgate School?

Not wanting to sound Panic Stricken! but, my child attends Hallam School(not far from Lydgate School), he is a bit poorly today, he's not displaying flu like symptoms as yet.. but he is a bit warm and the whites of his eyes are all red and bloodshot and he was crying and unsettled most of last night. Does swinr flu carry an exact course of the flu,or do the symptoms vary? I have a very young baby at home so obviously want to remain flu free

Call NHS Direct, they will let you know.

Not wanting to sound Panic Stricken! but, my child attends Hallam School(not far from Lydgate School), he is a bit poorly today, he's not displaying flu like symptoms as yet.. but he is a bit warm and the whites of his eyes are all red and bloodshot and he was crying and unsettled most of last night. Does swinr flu carry an exact course of the flu,or do the symptoms vary? I have a very young baby at home so obviously want to remain flu free

If you are at all worried, it won't hurt to ring NHS direct. ;)

I'm going to give them a ring in a little while, he seems to be eating O.K so I guess it's not flu. I will be however keeping a close eye on him with us being so near to the other school, some of the children at Lydgate have siblings at Hallam

How close is close for contact with the kids who have swine flu?..Reason I ask is my husband is one of the school bus drivers for Lydgate School....even tho he hasnt had physical contact with the kids...hes still sat at the front of the bus...with the kids passing closely to him....coughin and sneezin etc..??? No am not paranoid..just want to know what the risks are...

I suppose they would be the same as any air borne Virus, there would be a risk if the kids are coughing and sneezing allover the place.. Suppose it's important to remember catch it kill it bin it!

I for one will be keeping a close eye on my little one, who is starting to look quite pasty and is complaing of aches

I have two children at Lydgate infants, one of them isn't well and had to come home Friday. There are loads of children at infants who have siblings at junior.

Does anyone know if the infant school is open or closed next week?

I have two children at Lydgate infants, one of them isn't well and had to come home Friday. There are loads of children at infants who have siblings at junior.

Does anyone know if the infant school is open or closed next week?

Could I just ask about what symptoms your little one has? for comparison to my little one?

the junior school is closed for a week but the infants is open but if anyone has children in the infants with symptoms must contact the school the amount of student that have come down with at lydgate junior i'll be surprised if others schools in the area down start having cases. symptoms are flu like symptoms with a high temperature

Could I just ask about what symptoms your little one has? for comparison to my little one?

It would probably be best to just call NHS direct, they're there to give advice and might help put your mind at ease.

Kitty- Ive got a little one at Infants too, checked http://www.sheffield.gov.uk/closures but just coming up as juniors at mo. I think it may be a matter of time till they close infants tho! If you hear anythin let us know :thumbsup:

Blimey .. a week off of school .. I can imagine loads of children hoping that there school is next!

141 yesterday wasn't it?

I guess as long as you didn't know any of the 141, there's nothing to get alarmed about.

Bit late for them though, sadly.

Is that in the whole world or just in Britain? I didn't think anyone had died of it here yet.

It wouldn't surprise me if they didn't just start the school holidays earlier and the kids have a couple more extra weeks off or something.

Is that in the whole world or just in Britain? I didn't think anyone had died of it here yet.

It wouldn't surprise me if they didn't just start the school holidays earlier and the kids have a couple more extra weeks off or something.

i think the only person to die of it outside Mexico was the child who died in america ,but that child had come in from mexico with the virus