Killers of Ben Kinsella - 19 Years

..I think Ben's parents are satisfied with the sentence, even though it won't bring their son back.

I remember the mother of Anthony Walker and Jimmy Mizen were equally noble in their response to people who were advocating the death penalty for their sons killers, appreciating the difference between justice and vengeance.

Few and far between I think.

I've yet to hear any argument why they should not, other than people's desire for vengeance.

Its easy to say I spose, but I think if any relative of mine was killed, I think I'd find it difficult if their killer were out of prison within 10 years, espeically if it was a child.

I know in the UK prison is about reform, rather than just punishment. But I do think its too easy for them in prison. People such as Ian Brady, he'll never be released, but he cant feel much guilt/remorse or he'd have said where the last body was. For people like him, who seemingly feel nothing are better off dead. But in the west its not likely to ever happen.

However, the Kinsellas when they came out of court, did seem pleased with the result, after everything they must have been through.

Its easy to say I spose, but I think if any relative of mine was killed, I think I'd find it difficult if their killer were out of prison within 10 years, espeically if it was a child.

If I were in that position I'd probably hunt them down; but the judicial system is meant to be about justice, not revenge. Revenge achieves nothing; the dead are still dead. Killing their murderers doesn't bring them back.

There are only three good reasons for sending anybody to jail; deterrent value to others, keeping people out of society who would be a danger to it, and contempt of court (by which, I mean anybody who has ignored, or failed to be deterred by, other sentences. Non-payment of fines, breach of ASBO, driving while disqualified or whatever the case may be. I regard all of these, as contempt of court.)

As I've posted on another thread, these scum are beyond redemption.

Tonight, they should have urine running down their legs as the hangman waits outside to finish them off.

Oh, and if anyone comes out with the usual PC crap, I guarantee - I absolutely guarantee - you'd change your mind if if was one of your nearest and dearest who had been slaughtered by these scum.

Oh, and if anyone comes out with the usual PC crap, I guarantee - I absolutely guarantee - you'd change your mind if if was one of your nearest and dearest who had been slaughtered by these scum.

You seem to think this is significant. As we've already said, the judicial system does not exist in order to exact petty revenge on criminals.

..I think Ben's parents are satisfied with the sentence, even though it won't bring their son back.

I remember the mother of Anthony Walker and Jimmy Mizen were equally noble in their response to people who were advocating the death penalty for their sons killers, appreciating the difference between justice and vengeance.

Noble, having or showing qualities of high moral character, such as courage, generosity, or honour. It sounds to me like your saying more about the parents who want their loved ones killers executing than you are about the ones who dont.

Few and far between I think.

Yes I agree, but that doesn't mean those parents are wrong.

The poster I made my statement to seemed to think that all parents would prefer their child's murderer to be executed, which isn't the case.

Noble, having or showing qualities of high moral character, such as courage, generosity, or honour. It sounds to me like your saying more about the parents who want their loved ones killers executing than you are about the ones who dont.

..well that's a matter of opinion AJ, and I was just stating mine :)

Yes I agree, but that doesn't mean those parents are wrong.

The poster I made my statement to seemed to think that all parents would prefer their child's murderer to be executed, which isn't the case.

It certainly does not make them wrong and I guess you have answered my second post too bf.

You seem to think this is significant. As we've already said, the judicial system does not exist in order to exact petty revenge on criminals.
since when is murder petty

..well that's a matter of opinion AJ, and I was just stating mine :)

Hmm so I guess it didnt answer my second post. What is your opinion regarding parents who want the killers to be executed.