I have found a Djembe Drum that I would like to buy however it says it isnt tuned. I was just wondering if anyone knew how easy it is to tune?

Will I have to pay alot to get it tuned?

Any info would be great :D

Cheers

As no ones answered I'll have a bash.

Is it a traditional goatskin djembe or a modern one?

I have a goatskin one from Senegal and I assume that would be tuned by adjusting the ropes on the side. As for a modern one, you'd best be taking it to a music shop I suppose.

Thanks

Youtube is your friend!

Youtube is your friend!

I'm going to have to take some time out to learn how to do this properly. I have a djembe and I'm sure it's in need of tuning, but I'm worried that the ropes will just all come loose if I go undoing knots to use rope from the handle (it probably wouldn't happen, but I'm sure I'd somehow manage to mess it up).

It is a goatskin one. Thanks guys I think im going to go for it and buy it trusting that I can follow the youtube lessons.

Oh does anyone know any drum jamming groups around sheffield. I dont want to pay just want to meet other people who know how to drum, get tips and jam?