Gilders Volkswagen- What a rip off!

Yeah same here have had 6 VWs from gilders hillsboro and had them all serviced there absolutely no problem at all. Bought a BMW from Sytner had it serviced there.....Gotta watch em like a hawk they are terrible for trying to get out of warranty work !!

As a foot note if you want cheap parts and labour buy a ford and go to Dixons, not a VW or Audi.

got to disagree with you here, don`t use Dixons, I bought a six month old ford Ka from Dixons saville Street 3 years ago, it went for it`s first service while we were on holiday this was so that i didn`t loose any business time once back as the car is used for driving instruction. after returning from holiday the car was not ready and stayed with Dixons for 4 extra days, complained by letter and did get some compensation, but nothing like what I lost by having to cancel lessons. second service came back with a list of things to do took it to a independant garage mechanic that we use for the family car where we were told didn`t need any of the things listed doing. In February this year decided it was time for a new car for the driving school business due to what had gone off with the saville Street dixons I decided to try the dixons at Sheaf gardens. oh! dear what a big mistake ordered brand new 07 car mid february hopefully to arrive beginning of March, delivery date moved to mid March by middle of April still no delivery and no explanation (poor communication) until I informed dixon head office about the situation, eventually told that car had got an electrical fault (dead battery?) dixons at sheaf didn`t think it was necessary to tell me. order cancelled mid April deposit returned mid may after many telephone calls from me. never will I use Dixons again. I`m now waiting for a peugeot 307 hope their customer services are better.

http://www.paulbennett-schoolofmotoring.co.uk

Try Gordon Lamb - we had two cars from them - great sales service - afterwards it was dreadful, they just didn't want to know. Even with warranty work they couldn't have cared less. It was so bad we ended up taking both to independent garages who sorted the work out. It wasn't the franchise either as one was a Daihatsu van (shudders at the memory), the other was a Lotus Elise.

Sytners were so aloof it was untrue, quoted about £1400 for four tyres (for a ZM Coupe) we eventually got them for about £850. The oil change service on that car was almost £200 cheaper at Bridgegate in Chesterfield than Sytners in Sheffield, bizzare.

Mmmm we love our Honda, but that's not the cheapest to service, however it's almost out of warranty.

Im not a mechanic but isn't 55 quid for a CV boot a bit steep anyway.

so you have pitted brake pipes but can wait 6 months? are you mental if the brakes leaks/breaks you will lose the braking to 2 wheels, is your life worth that little to you to wait 6 months?

Im not a mechanic but isn't 55 quid for a CV boot a bit steep anyway.

you have to remove the wheel, separate the hub to get to drive shaft, it should take 1 hour to do it, so £40 labour £15 for boot and grease, it sounds very reasonable

Wow! where did this thread come from! Thankfully got rid of that car ages ago now and got a 56 plate A3. No trouble so far!

Yeah same here have had 6 VWs from gilders hillsboro and had them all serviced there absolutely no problem at all. Bought a BMW from Sytner had it serviced there.....Gotta watch em like a hawk they are terrible for trying to get out of warranty work !!

Have to agree i have bought 4 VW'S through Gilders and i have had no problems !!

with my last Golf it was just out of warrenty, when it started to play up, i cannot remember exactley what the problem was however it did take them a while to sort it out, in the end they had the car for 3 days, which could have been a total nightmare as at the time, i was 6 months pregnant, had a one year old toddler to care for and my hubby was in the hospital :help:

When i explained this to Gilders the manager very kindly gave me his Golf V6 (i think) for the whole 3 days :hihi:

I was dreading the bill, but it came to a grand total on £76 quid, even though the car was out of warrenty, the service manager said that the part that had gone really shouldnt have, as the car was only just over 3 years old.

Just thought i would ad a few comments

Any vehicle which is under manufacturers warranty DOES NOT have to serviced by the dealer, it does however have to be serviced by a VAT registered garage and genuine parts used and detailed on the invoice.

We maintain many vehicles for our customers which are still under manufacturers warranty.

Whilst a service book full of nice dealership stamps might look pretty as long as your car has a service history with paperwork to back it up i personally think a dealer history makes very little difference to the residual value.

And finally if you find gilders too expensive but still want qualified VW technicians working on your pride and joy ( or even your old workhorse) then give us a call.

How much do you charge to replace brake fluid in a polo? The prices are not yet filled in on your site...

I used to go to Gilders at Sheepsbridge and coz it was a new car it rarely had any work needing doing, but as it got older they started to take the mick.

The last thing they noted was a broken bar under the car which stabalises the chasis. Told me £480 quid.

They said it was urgent , I said no.

Here i am with the same car 4 years later and 4 MOT's later and no one has ever mentioned it!

If i was you i'd go to Challenger Tyres on Rutland Road for tyres , exhausts and MOT or MOT work.

They're fair prices and they show you what needs doing and why and they even show you any worn out part they replace.

I have full trust in them and wouldn't go anywhere else now.

http://www.challengertyres.com/content.php

How much do you charge to replace brake fluid in a polo? The prices are not yet filled in on your site...

£25+vat for a brake fluid change