Masters Football Tournament at Sheffield Arena

Yorkshire Masters Football Tournament

Sheffield Arena on Saturday 18th July

featuring Sheffield United, Sheffield Wednesday, Leeds United, Hull City, Doncaster Rovers and Barnsley Masters

The Yorkshire Masters Football Tournament is part of a national competition for ex-professional footballers aged 35 or over and returns to Sheffield Arena on Saturday 18th July.

The tournament returns to Sheffield for the first time since 2007, welcoming Premier League newcomers Hull City, as well Championship side Doncaster into the series to go up against Sheffield giants Wednesday and United. With Leeds and Barnsley with points to prove too, this Steel City match-up promises fireworks from the first whistle.

Tickets are now on sale priced £15 adults & £10 under 16’s, with a limited number of VIP tickets situated at the halfway line which are priced at £20 each with no concessions (all tickets subject to booking fee) and are available in person from Sheffield Arena box office, through the ticket hotline on 0114 256 56 56 or online at http://www.sheffieldarena.co.uk.

The squads for next month’s tournament are now beginning to take shape:-

Sheffield Wednesday Squad features Kevin Pressman, Nigel Jemson, Michael Johnson, David Reeves, O'Neill Donaldson, Dean Smith, John McCarthy

Sheffield United Squad features Graham Benstead, Carl Bradshaw, Mark Todd, Jamie Hoyland, Adrian Littlejohn, Tom Cowan, Wayne Allison, Paul Wood, Chris Beaumont

Hull City Squad features Steve Wilson, Garry Parker, Neil Allison, John Eyre, Duane Darby, Leigh Jenkinson, John Anderson

Doncaster Squad features Lee Butler, Gary Brabin, Graham Jones, Steve Gaughan, Mark Rankine, Richard O'Kelly

Leeds Squad features Neil Aspin, Ray Wallace, Rod Wallace, Dylan Kerr, John Pearson

Barnsley Squad features Kevin Miller, Wayne Biggins, Neil Thompson more players to be confirmed

Some real no-marks in the Sheffield teams there... Beaumont, Dean Smith, John McCarthy... see Rankine's in the Donny side instead of the blades!

Yorkshire Masters Football Tournament

Sheffield Arena on Saturday 18th July

featuring Sheffield United, Sheffield Wednesday, Leeds United, Hull City, Doncaster Rovers and Barnsley Masters

The Yorkshire Masters Football Tournament is part of a national competition for ex-professional footballers aged 35 or over and returns to Sheffield Arena on Saturday 18th July.

The tournament returns to Sheffield for the first time since 2007, welcoming Premier League newcomers Hull City, as well Championship side Doncaster into the series to go up against Sheffield giants Wednesday and United. With Leeds and Barnsley with points to prove too, this Steel City match-up promises fireworks from the first whistle.

Tickets are now on sale priced £15 adults & £10 under 16’s, with a limited number of VIP tickets situated at the halfway line which are priced at £20 each with no concessions (all tickets subject to booking fee) and are available in person from Sheffield Arena box office, through the ticket hotline on 0114 256 56 56 or online at http://www.sheffieldarena.co.uk.

The squads for next month’s tournament are now beginning to take shape:-

Sheffield Wednesday Squad features Kevin Pressman, Nigel Jemson, Michael Johnson, David Reeves, O'Neill Donaldson, Dean Smith, John McCarthy

Sheffield United Squad features Graham Benstead, Carl Bradshaw, Mark Todd, Jamie Hoyland, Adrian Littlejohn, Tom Cowan, Wayne Allison, Paul Wood, Chris Beaumont

Hull City Squad features Steve Wilson, Garry Parker, Neil Allison, John Eyre, Duane Darby, Leigh Jenkinson, John Anderson

Doncaster Squad features Lee Butler, Gary Brabin, Graham Jones, Steve Gaughan, Mark Rankine, Richard O'Kelly

Leeds Squad features Neil Aspin, Ray Wallace, Rod Wallace, Dylan Kerr, John Pearson

Barnsley Squad features Kevin Miller, Wayne Biggins, Neil Thompson more players to be confirmed

I also believe that if any Junior Football team wants to go, then they get it for £4 per person.

I'm trying to persuade my little lads team to go along but no takers yet!

What uninspiring teams. Dean Smith???? He'll get bloody booed, he wasn't liked at Hillsborough.

would have liked to see the legend that is JOHN Pearson playing for us rather than L***s

would have liked to see the legend that is JOHN Pearson playing for us rather than L***s

Seems strange, especially when he's working at Hillsborough now.

What uninspiring teams. Dean Smith???? He'll get bloody booed, he wasn't liked at Hillsborough.

why wasn't he liked at hillsborough, I don't remember him being disliked??

why wasn't he liked at hillsborough, I don't remember him being disliked??

He tried his hardest for us, but he was part of probably the worst Wednesday side ever and he got booed a lot. Remember at a few away games, the booing was awful.

He tried his hardest for us, but he was part of probably the worst Wednesday side ever and he got booed a lot. Remember at a few away games, the booing was awful.

That would have been aimed at D Allen -not the players

should be a good day out it is always fun to watch the old legends may the best tieam win on the day.

Well that was fun. :D Went to the Masters last night with Farmkid and two of his mates. 2 Owl fans (me and Farmkid's mate), 2 Blades (Farmkid and his other mate) and we were surrounded by Donny fans, Barnsley fans, a few Hull fans and a very modest amount of Leeds fans. :hihi:

I wasn't expecting the Owls to do too well due to their past record in the Masters but they did us proud. 5-2 vs Donny and a very satisfying 4-1 against the Blades. :D :D The Blades did me proud too, lost 3-2 to Donny and obviously got hammered by our lot. :hihi:

Unfortunately Owls lost 5-4 on penalties against Barnsley in the final but we all know that Owls are shocking at penalties so there was no surprise there. Ah well. Congrats Barnsley, did very well on the night. :)

Funniest moment of the night was Leeds vs Barnsley when 95% of the arena, Donny fans, United & Owls fans, Hull and Barnsley fans started chanting 'We all hate Leeds scum, we all hate Leeds scum!!!' :hihi: Pride of Yorkshire my arse. ;)

Well that was fun. :D Went to the Masters last night with Farmkid and two of his mates. 2 Owl fans (me and Farmkid's mate), 2 Blades (Farmkid and his other mate) and we were surrounded by Donny fans, Barnsley fans, a few Hull fans and a very modest amount of Leeds fans. :hihi:

I wasn't expecting the Owls to do too well due to their past record in the Masters but they did us proud. 5-2 vs Donny and a very satisfying 4-1 against the Blades. :D :D The Blades did me proud too, lost 3-2 to Donny and obviously got hammered by our lot. :hihi:

Unfortunately Owls lost 5-4 on penalties against Barnsley in the final but we all know that Owls are shocking at penalties so there was no surprise there. Ah well. Congrats Barnsley, did very well on the night.

Funniest moment of the night was Leeds vs Barnsley when 95% of the arena, Donny fans, United & Owls fans, Hull and Barnsley fans started chanting 'We all hate Leeds scum, we all hate Leeds scum!!!' :hihi: Pride of Yorkshire my arse. ;)

yes that was rather funny, FB.

The announcer seemed to expect that the crowd were going t have that reaction, though, when Donny and l**ds came out, from what he was saying.

What really annoyed me though was the random blasting-out of the ice-hockey music, every few minutes. I was thinking "FGS we are watching footy, not flamin' ice hockey!"

That said, the "Countdown" theme music raised a giggle from most of the audience when it came over the loudspeakers at "t-minus 30 seconds"

Also, did you notice that the timekeeper on the pitch did not correspond to the timekeeping on the display above the arena? They were counting down,10,9,8 etc, and the display was till on 20, 19. 18 etc...!!

Still it was a good laugh, seeing the ex-players, and how *cough* portly they have become (or stayed as in Pressman's case ;) )

I got most of the autographs of the classic Blades team:- "Cheeeeefff" (Wayne Allison), Adrian Littljohn, and co. "Chief" was lovely, when I asked him to sign my souvenir programme:- he even offered to take the programme down to where the other fellas were sitting, and get me their autographs, too.