John Lewis price promise?

When they used to be Cole Bros their motto was 'never knowingly undersold' However this only related to other shops.

I bought a camera from JL a few weeks ago. I'd seen it advertised a few pounds cheaper at a nearby store so I pointed this out when I bought it. You have to complete a form stating where you saw the item and for how much and the shop then confirms it later before creditting you with the difference. Now we paid with a debit card so I dont know how this works if you pay cash, perhaps they send a cheque? The thing is when they checked the price they said I had made a mistake because it was being sold at the same price. However in the two weeks it took for them to reply the camera had been reduced in price by £20 so they creditted my account with this amount. I was more than happy! Great shop with excellent staff.

I bought a camera from JL a few weeks ago. I'd seen it advertised a few pounds cheaper at a nearby store so I pointed this out when I bought it. You have to complete a form stating where you saw the item and for how much and the shop then confirms it later before creditting you with the difference. Now we paid with a debit card so I dont know how this works if you pay cash, perhaps they send a cheque? The thing is when they checked the price they said I had made a mistake because it was being sold at the same price. However in the two weeks it took for them to reply the camera had been reduced in price by £20 so they creditted my account with this amount. I was more than happy! Great shop with excellent staff.

Totally, and the staff are really nice too, and always seem to know their stuff

Go in. Ask - they value their customers. If they don't. Return it then buy it again!

Yes my sister bought a laptop and it was reduced by £60 2 weeks later. She was well pleased because they informed her not the other way around. That dont happen often now does it.

The answer is yes, they will give you a refund for the difference - done this several times for me.

/////////////////

Edited by Diesel

Price promise is meaningless. I went to buy a camera from John Lewis. Found it cheaper elsewhere so filled in the form at John Lewis who wrote back and said they wouldn't price match the competition as they only sold it in black or silver whereas John Lewis sold it in all the colours available (including pink). As i wanted a black one i didn't think this was relevant.

Bought the camera significantly cheaper on line and don't bother much with John Lewis anymore if they only honour the letter and not the spirit of their price promise.