Should I Be Sacked For Not Going To Work Today?

ahaha

My understanding of the dole is that, to continue to claim it, you have to do three job search related things a week. A week? When I was last looking for work I was applying to dozens of jobs a week. Should have gone on the dole and eked out the application process for a few months for some free money and time off

That's it. Seems amazing you can get away with doing so little. I'm job hunting every day in the morning and evening to try to ensure I don't miss any. I've applied for some apprenticeships today, not the best but it means I'll be doing something to keep busy :)

ahaha

My understanding of the dole is that, to continue to claim it, you have to do three job search related things a week. A week? When I was last looking for work I was applying to dozens of jobs a week. Should have gone on the dole and eked out the application process for a few months for some free money and time off

You can tell the clever applicants, they arrive early to copy a few jobs down make it look ike they have been applying. The others stroll in, 'I applied at the shop, boozer and police station (recounting their last 3 visists with the working population).'

They all get paid.

Yeah lots of people print them off whilst they are waiting for their appointment

Three things a week is nothing. Maybe three things a day... and you never have to actually prove that you have done the said three things so you could make anything up

Three things a week is nothing. Maybe three things a day... and you never have to actually prove that you have done the said three things so you could make anything up

Yeah you could, thus why I take everything I can to prove I'm applying, show them interview letters, rejection letters and print off emails just incase they realise how open to abuse the system is.

You mean like teachers? I was amazed at the amount of schools that where closed! The slightest troubles and the teachers can never be arsed to get in!

Take the snow a few months back, they must have had about a week off!

well i hope they all have a note from their parents or guardians!!:hihi:

Cant see the problem,there are plenty of cleaning jobs going around and plenty of work going in supermarkets ,but no too embarrasing for some.Any of these jobs will bring in money until you find the job you want.Better still have 8 kids then you wont have to work for 18+ years.

Now before the usual skyvers come on(who do generally after any slight abnormal weather), I though I would note that the roads were very quite this morning so for all the people skyving in this unsure econcomic climate, I hope your jobs goto people who make the effort to get to work and dont use things as like a bit of water as 'excuses' .

Bus drivers me old love, bus drivers.

Being a bit harsh on teachers much? It's not their fault their school a craphole and leaked into all the rooms. You wouldn't want your kid going in to sit in a damp wet musty classroom....what do you expect the teachers to do when the kids aren't there...?

Even when teachers are home and the general public seems to think they're doing nothing but sunnin themselves and chillin, they're working on lesson plans, marking coursework/homework. A teachers workday doesn't end at 3pm just cause the school does.

il have one of their jobs, iv been on dole for four weeks and im already sick of it:gag:

Go on the sick then.:D

Cant see the problem,there are plenty of cleaning jobs going around and plenty of work going in supermarkets ,but no too embarrasing for some.Any of these jobs will bring in money until you find the job you want.Better still have 8 kids then you wont have to work for 18+ years.

I have been trying to get full time work, even cleaning, but so far no luck. As for supermarkets I'm having trouble as I'm taking action against my former employers when I worked in one due to the bad treatment I recieved and as such this has put other supermarkets off me, even though I know not all supermarkets are like this so don't have an issue working for a different place. I have no problem in doing any job if I can do it, some jobs are closed to me as I can't drive and I do have a weak stomach so don't really want to work in a hospital as a porter when they move bodies.

Having 8 children isnt an option for me for 4 reasons, 1- I want children when I am in a stable relationship, 2- I want to be able to support my children with my money and partners money, 3- I don't want anywhere near that many children and 4- I am unable to have children naturally so will be adopting when the time is right.