Sign in to follow this  

What can I do for my 30th birthday?

Its my birthday in a few weeks and I've gone and taken the day off work so I can have some fun... but I dont know what to do in the day. I have a few friends that aren't working so I can rope them into hanging out with me, but I fancy doing something a bit different. So does anyone know of any funfairs, ammusment parks, good days out that are close by? I really fancy the dodgems (sp?!!) and some candyfloss! Just to recapture my lost youth and all! But any suggestions are welcome!

Well, I'll just be twiddling me thumbs and watching This Morning then?

Guest Cutglass

I can't think of any funfairs that will be around in a few weeks but if you're wanted the same sort of atmos, why not try something along the lines of American Adventure theme park or even just a trip to Cleethorpes for the day.

A nice walk in the peaks is good mid-week, as it is far less crowded and a great deal more peaceful.

why not go to alton towers? u can stay in the hotel for one night and have access to both waterparks and the themepark too- it only works out to about £80 each for 4 sharing- thats not bad at £20 for themepark and £20 for waterpark and £40 for the hotel- you get priority passes too!!!

Where's American Adventures theme park? Sounds interesting, I'm quite the little cowgirl at heart.

Happy birthday to you. It's my 30th birthday in 2 weeks & me & my mates are off for a pampering weekend in Harrogate. I know it isn't the thrills and spills of a fun fare but we're all looking forward to a relaxing couple of days, and a few beers at night! Realised now though that didn't have to venture too far as there's the Spa on West Street that everyone says is really good.

Any who, if you've been to Alton Towers recently i wouldn't reccommend American Adventure as it's not a patch on AT. Sometimes http://www.trainline.co.uk do special day tickets for Alton towers, I'd check that out.

Enjoy whatever you end up doing.

I'm a bit of a whimp when it comes to bid rides and children under 5, so thinking more on the lines of bumper cars and candyfloss. Someone suggested Butlins at Skeggie, which could be a laugh - anyone been??

And, Happy Birthday to you babel_fish! I'll wager all those relaxing facials with get counteracted by the champers!