:: Talkative Hamster ::

Thanks to Clairez85 I, or should I say my daughter, is now the Mum of a little Russian White Hamster whom we have called Tilda.

She's settled in really well. (Tilda that is), and Hannah now drifts off to sleep with the sound of Tilda taking her daily constitutional in her wheel at night. It's saving us pounds on electric as Hannah is one of those who can't go to sleep without there being some background noise, and it was usually her TV she had on all night !!

What I want to ask is, for those of you who also have these little furry characters as pets, do they make a little "hee" noise when you go to see them? Tilda scutters around going "Hee, Hee" really quite distinctively.

Now, I've had hamsters in the past, but none that have made noises ... is this usual?

Neither of mine make noises... unless they're in a bad mood - then they chatter at me :lol: Sound a bit like a plug letting off a spark!

However - Rocky is proving very good at clicker training! He used to hide and be a little unsure of coming for a fuss (dwarfies can tend to be less friendly than syrians - although Tilda sounds very friendly!) until I managed to teach him to come to me on cue - now he sits in his little tube refusing to come out until I show him a sunflower seed. He smells the sunflower seed through the tube's breathing holes and knows he has to run down the tube, along the cage and out of the open door onto my hand to get his seed! Took a while for him to get it at first but now he knows straight away!

Our hamster squeaks all the time, it's a Russian Dwarf as well. I thought it was a bit weird too because I had hamsters when I was a kid that never made any noise but this one's really noisy!

Ahhh ! Good .. she's not an oddity ofter all.

Hannah loves her. She came in from work last night at around midnight and told her all about her day ! Heh

I have 3 of my own hamsters and when we have guests the wheels sound very loudly in our bedroom lol ( as they are in their own area down stairs) I think its funny Dave normally says I must WD40 those wheels lol I personally don't bat an eye lid as I will sleep through anything.