Getting a lot of hassle about politics at work

Ha! Hope you a havng a laugh!!! Sounds like NF was more your thing! Back in the day, eh?

Looking at your posts on here, you seem very ignorant.

It seems the anti-BNP posters have a very narrow minded view of what BNP supporters are.

I'm sure they like to think and tell everybody that they are just dumb cave dwelling skin heads with swistikas tattood all over. How wrong they are.

In fact they're just average Joe's, getting on with they're daily lives, going to work, running businesses etc.

but how many of the 5.1 million lived in these countries have contributed to that country through work and paying taxes

I think we can probably say Pat and Bob in Benidorm haven't. And whilst we are on the subject of generalisations, I'd hazard a guess at them not learning to speak Spanish either.

It seems the anti-BNP posters have a very narrow minded view of what BNP supporters are.

I'm sure they like to think and tell everybody that they are just dumb cave dwelling skin heads with swistikas tattood all over. How wrong they are.

In fact they're just average Joe's, getting on with they're daily lives, going to work, running businesses etc.

Or like Mr Postman here making sweeping and unfounded generalisations about how he is being forced out of his home by drug dealing 'immagrants', despite there being absolutely no evidence for his ridiculous claims.

It is a fact that the BNP has racist policies and deep connections to Nazi parties, particularly our new MEP Mr Bron, who has been involved in fascist politics since his university days. It is therefore no surprise that people who support the BNP are labelled racists. They either voted BNP through ignorance of their real nature, or are racists themselves. Reading the semi literate posts by Mr Postman it is pretty clear that he holds some rather unpleasant views about 'assylum seekers' and 'immagrants' (his spelling), which most people would describe as being racist.

Edited by zongamin

We live in a democracy, so people can vote for who they like without hassle, bullying, intmidation, violance, etc. The BNP won on a democratic vote so are allowed to take their seats. Why are poeple so fixated on it being an outrage!? Yes they are an extreme party, but we are in desperate times and they call for desperate measures.

The public and the MP's should spend less time complaining and condoning this 'blasphemy' and more time on making sure they don't get the vote next time by the MP's sorting this mess of a country out and the public turning up and voting! This vote showed that the public are sick and tired of the same old excuses from MP's.

The so called 'demo' the other night was a completly hypocrytical! If they are protesting about BNP's seats, it also means they are protesting others freedom to vote for whoever they like and the democratic system!

Sounds like the country would be better off in a dictatorship like the U.S, where you only have a limited selection candidates to choose from

(I did not vote BNP before I get slated, I'm just sick and tired of people acting like babies "It's not fair..." or "Why can't we have it my way...")

Very well said my friend - i for 1 am sick of hearing all the moans and groans about people who vote for BNP are this and that....but i guess there the ones that will say that Labour are the saving grace of this once great country of ours..:gag:

Absolutely - just as Hitler was a legal and vaild choice for Germany in the 1930's - how ironic though that almost 10% of those who voted chose nazis, when 65 years ago we were fighting against such extremisim? I don't doubt that the rest of the free world would want a word (or a war) with us if the unthinkable ever happened and nazis took power in the UK... We'd get a kicking and we'd deserve it too!

Postman needs to get his act together tho - his employers have him sussed, and any agro he gets he deserves... As I asked before, he claims that he hasn't expressed his inappropriate views, yet it's public knowledge in his workplace? Again, how???

lone star,i doubt anyone other than america would be capable of taking on britain in a war, and america wont ,they would use pressure from the e u but if we look at israel, they do as they please despite the u n ordering them to calm down,we would just do the same,im sure that there are laws in place that would make griffin spend years in the courts before he could carry out any repatriations by which time the next election would see him ousted from power

Actually I think only a hard core minority are the person you described, in fact some of the very far right types apparently find the BNP a bit too tame and favour the more open extremists.

However, in my opinion it's fair to say that most BNP supporters are either racist or not very bright. I don't see how that can be argued against.

You either favour kicking all 'non-whites' out of the country, in which case you are racist, or you haven't contemplated the event of it happening under a BNP govt, in which case you're not the sharpest tool in the box.

Newsflash: People who can't spell get a vote too. Its not a necessary qualification to be able to participate in politics.

The more you shout racist at people the more they are going to feel under attack and like they do have a point. People are concerned about immigration, often with good reason, its not good to see say ten immigrants living in the one house next door. That’s not racism, that’s concern about your own neighbourhood. The major parties have all failed to tap into that concern and properly address it with a functioning criminal justice system and a sensible immigration controls.

I don’t think the best way to deal with the BNP is to insult their supporters and call them Nazis. I’d much prefer to nail them on their own ground. Nick Griffin etc are very fond of saying populist, Sun headline type things such as ‘lets close the doors, we’re full’. I’d like to hear from Nick exactly how he plans to do that, how much its going to cost and what the effect on the economy would be.

The more you question them and force them to talk sensibly about their policies and ideas, the more they stop sounding like a credible alternative and start sounding like that shouty bloke down the pub.

If they use their vote just to 'bloody labour's noose' then they might as well not bother!

It's a very dangerous thing to do is using your vote as a weapon.

And if someone supports an extreme party that suffers from a lot of negative publicity and isn't much liked by the majority, then they should be prepared to face the consequences.

No the majority of the country dosen't like them, but if that so called majority voted for who they wanted then they wouldn't have gotten seats, but im sorry the public only have themselves to blame for not voting. (BNP only got an increase of 1.6% nationwide in votes)

That's silly talk. Using your vote is the only weapon you have against stupid politicians.

...apart from gunpowder of course :D

thank you and at the moment i think we would all pick gun powder :hihi:

Newsflash: People who can't spell get a vote too. Its not a necessary qualification to be able to participate in politics.

The more you shout racist at people the more they are going to feel under attack and like they do have a point. People are concerned about immigration, often with good reason, its not good to see say ten immigrants living in the one house next door. That’s not racism, that’s concern about your own neighbourhood. The major parties have all failed to tap into that concern and properly address it with a functioning criminal justice system and a sensible immigration controls.

I don’t think the best way to deal with the BNP is to insult their supporters and call them Nazis. I’d much prefer to nail them on their own ground. Nick Griffin etc are very fond of saying populist, Sun headline type things such as ‘lets close the doors, we’re full’. I’d like to hear from Nick exactly how he plans to do that, how much its going to cost and what the effect on the economy would be.

The more you question them and force them to talk sensibly about their policies and ideas, the more they stop sounding like a credible alternative and start sounding like that shouty bloke down the pub.

We hear lots about the very dodgy political backgrounds of the BNP's big names and they don't deny it but rather say they've moved on.

If these facts fall on deaf ears by the BNP's supporters, I frankly fail to see how Griffin won't just placate them with some nonsense that they want to hear when it comes to questions like those that you have mentioned.

I don't call the majority of supporters racist and I don't think many people on here do either, instead I call them ignorant. It's not neccesarily an insult, it's just the way it is. Yes there are reasons why they vote BNP, but they are still adults and still have a degree of responsibility

The BNP is a very minor threat to democracy in this country; even at the height of a public scandal enveloping all major parties, they still didn't get more than 1/14 of the vote.

The idea that people should be punished, ostracised, or otherwise made to suffer for their political beliefs, is a very, very big threat indeed. If there were no other way to fight that idea, I'd join the BNP in order to do so.

Exactly, as people have said our ancesters died for freedom of speech and democracy, not for these so called 'anti-fascists' to dictate who people should be voting for. They in my eyes are just as bad as the BNP and their supporters.