Getting a lot of hassle about politics at work

sounds like a wind up thread if you ask me

You don't want to end up walking the streets.

Lord, deliver him from unemployment.

He needs to get himself sorted, stamp his foot down or something.

Just wondering if anyone out there supporting BNP have been getting hassle at work since they claimed two seats in EU, or your UNION threating to get you out of your job or removed from the UNION

Yes one of our workmates got a mouthful from everybody when he agreed to go BNP.

He nearly quit after the roasting he got.

He needs to get himself sorted, stamp his foot down or something.

At least he is being frank about it.

Isn't the idea of a democracy is that you can vote for whoever you want?

what you have to remember we live in democratic country for starters and no i didnt vote bnp but as i put on a another forum they stand for a what a lot of people think but are frightened to say.

and unforunatley i can see them getting more power as people get more fed up in the way the country is getting to soft .

Yes one of our workmates got a mouthful from everybody when he agreed to go BNP.

He nearly quit after the roasting he got.

bullying at work maybe they could get disciplined not him

There are at least some areas of employment where people can be - and have been - fired for their political beliefs.

If that is the case, then I presume that these prohibitions must be clearly stated in the employer's terms and conditions, and similarly in the union's terms of membership. If the employee has the freedom of choice not to be a member of a union, then I can't see why it should be relevant.

Personally, I have no strong views one way or the other but find it an interesting subject.

Theoretically, that is true, providing the policies on which the candidate stands does not infringe the relevant laws or regulations. However, if that candidate supports, for example, a strong anti-monarchist policy then any one being a member of that party might be barred from being employed, say, in the Queen's household on security grounds.

Edited by carosio

I hope you can stand your ground mate. The real Nazis are those that engage in political intimidation.

I suspect that the people who support the BNP are of the ilk that they will shoot their mouths offs before thinking of any possible consequences.

I know plenty of folk who "shoot their mouth off" at work about how much they're fed up this Labour government and how next time they're going to vote Tory or Lib Dem, and there aren't any consequences from their employer.

Are you saying if somebody does exactly the same thing but says they've voting BNP, then there should be consequences?

I have no sympathy for anyone who votes BNP.

Obviousley this limits at wishing death upon them, but if they were to get a ribbing at work or verbally abused then i don't care.

However i don't condone violence toward them as that makes the instigators as bad as the BNP.

Although Griffin being coated with eggs is quite funny!

I believe he was whisked away!