Getting a lot of hassle about politics at work

I rather think that all these posts defending the freedoms of voters seem to miss the point of who they voted for and why it disturbs people.

Where do you draw the line? If a party advocated the leaglisation of sex offences, could we criticise those that voted for them?

Regardless, it does not mean they should have to put up with harrassment/bullying at work, I hope whoever is getting harrassed takes action against their employer and fellow employees over it.

I know I would.

Edited by mightysimo
original wasn't to the topic

I rather think that all these posts defending the freedoms of voters seem to miss the point of who they voted for and why it disturbs people.

The point of the OP was to find out if anybody else was getting hastled or itimidated because of their political beliefs.

Nobody should have to put up with that.

If a party advocated the leaglisation of sex offences, could we criticise those that voted for them?
:loopy:That's just daft.

And you are missing the point of how hypocritical the people who are protesting about the BNp getting seats look. They are saying our ancesters died to save us from fascism...which his true, but they also protested for us to have a democracy and freedom, which by them protesting they are against...so the question is who are the true fascists here?

No i'm not. As far as I can see, no-ones calling for the abolishon of the BNP, nor are they demanding that BNP supporters lose the vote. They are merely voicing their opinion at the national shame that is

And you are missing the point of how hypocritical the people who are protesting about the BNp getting seats look. They are saying our ancesters died to save us from fascism...which his true, but they also protested for us to have a democracy and freedom, which by them protesting they are against...so the question is who are the true fascists here?

You've got it backwards, the right and the exercise of free speech and free assembly is one of the cornerstones of democracy.

It's not undemocratic to protest, being allowed to protest is a feature of democracy.

:loopy:That's just daft.

Is it? I'm apparently not allowed to criticise someone for voting for a party that advocates ethnic cleansing, which at the moment is a crime.

Do you see?

And you are missing the point of how hypocritical the people who are protesting about the BNp getting seats look.

That's also concerned me. They've whined about it to anyone who'll listen, but what else have they done? Have they joined a political party and took part in party debates and grassroots action groups to do something about the BNP threat, even if it's just delivering a few leaflets?

In my ward we've won the votes by doing local work and being seen and not taking part in the pathetic mudslinging that the other parties have done. We got William Hague to make a stand against the "Titan" prisons and got great press coverage for it.

If you want people to vote for your party you need them to remember the good they've done for you, not who shouted the loudest slating their rivals.

That's also concerned me. They've whined about it to anyone who'll listen, but what else have they done? Have they joined a political party and took part in party debates and grassroots action groups to do something about the BNP threat, even if it's just delivering a few leaflets?

In my ward we've won the votes by doing local work and being seen and not taking part in the pathetic mudslinging that the other parties have done. We got William Hague to make a stand against the "Titan" prisons and got great press coverage for it.

If you want people to vote for your party you need them to remember the good they've done for you, not who shouted the loudest slating their rivals.

Precisley, if they were that bothered they would do that, or do demo's before the election, I still bet alot of those that are protesting did not vote.

A little too late now.

Phanerothyme, fair point they are excersing their freedom of speech, but as alchresearch has said they doing it in the wrong manner, and by doing what they are doing they will probably cause more votes rather then reduce them as they are raising the BNP's profile, the votes for Sheffield went down! i would understand if they went up!

Pem123, not from what I see/hear alot of them (and there are few on this forumn) are calling that the BNP should never be allowed in parliment, nor be allowed to run. But yes I would hope majority of them are protesting in disgust.

The most important thing is the labour party takes this on board and actually does something while they are in power to turn things around even though it will not be easy.

Phanerothyme, fair point they are excersing their freedom of speech, but as alchresearch has said they doing it in the wrong manner, and by doing what they are doing they will probably cause more votes rather then reduce them as they are raising the BNP's profile, the votes for Sheffield went down! i would understand if they went up!

Sure, bleating about the result afterwards won't make an iota of difference, but it isn't fascistic to do so, as some posters have opined.

Or like Mr Postman here making sweeping and unfounded generalisations about how he is being forced out of his home by drug dealing 'immagrants', despite there being absolutely no evidence for his ridiculous claims.

It is a fact that the BNP has racist policies and deep connections to Nazi parties, particularly our new MEP Mr Bron, who has been involved in fascist politics since his university days. It is therefore no surprise that people who support the BNP are labelled racists. They either voted BNP through ignorance of their real nature, or are racists themselves. Reading the semi literate posts by Mr Postman it is pretty clear that he holds some rather unpleasant views about 'assylum seekers' and 'immagrants' (his spelling), which most people would describe as being racist.

You are so far up your own arse you're coming out of your mouth.

You are so far up your own arse you're coming out of your mouth.

How exactly? That poster's views seem identical to my own, so i'm interested why my head's so far up my arse according to you?

How exactly? That poster's views seem identical to my own, so i'm interested why my head's so far up my arse according to you?

Probably because I mocked the original poster for poor spelling...

Sure, bleating about the result afterwards won't make an iota of difference, but it isn't fascistic to do so, as some posters have opined.

And as some other have pointed out doing a demo/protest is the wrong way to go about it they have to challenge them democrtically either themselves or to get their local MP's to do so.

(It may not not Facistic, but it is hypocritical)