What does Gordon Brown have against women?

Today Jane Kennedy, Minister for Farming and the Environment has resigned (or should we say had the push).

She is just the latest in a series of women to be ousted from Brown's cabinet. It is starting to look like a woman free zone.

Why does Brown wish to surround himself with men like Mandy? Does he have a fear of women?

I think he's suffering from the same feeling towards women that all of our political leaders suffer from. The only woman to get the job had a particularly strong case of it.

Even I can't muster the energy to get annoyed with Brown for his treatment of women. I think you're clutching at straws ever so slightly here, anarchist.

A somewhat groundless suggestion surely?

A somewhat groundless suggestion surely?

Yup, biased too.

Today Jane Kennedy, Minister for Farming and the Environment has resigned (or should we say had the push).

She is just the latest in a series of women to be ousted from Brown's cabinet. It is starting to look like a woman free zone.

Why does Brown wish to surround himself with men like Mandy? Does he have a fear of women?

Be honest! the remnants of Blairs Babes!.........Smith ,Blears,Flint etc...........................that these 3rd rate low calibre types could be in positions of power beggars belief! Mind you the blokes are no better!

Be honest! the remnants of Blairs Babes!.........Smith ,Blears,Flint etc...........................that these 3rd rate low calibre types could be in positions of power beggars belief! Mind you the blokes are no better!

Are we supposed to believe that only blokes have made the grade in the last 10 years.

There was an interesting comments a women who have been in the cabinet.

Caroline Flint.

"You have a two-tier government. Your inner circle and then the remainder of cabinet. I

have the greatest respect for the women who have served as full members

of cabinet and for those who attend as and when required. However, few are allowed into your inner circle. Several of the women attending cabinet – myself included – have been treated by you as little more than female window dressing. I am not willing to attend cabinet in a peripheral capacity any longer".

There was an interesting comments a women who have been in the cabinet.

Caroline Flint.

"You have a two-tier government. Your inner circle and then the remainder of cabinet. I

have the greatest respect for the women who have served as full members

of cabinet and for those who attend as and when required. However, few are allowed into your inner circle. Several of the women attending cabinet – myself included – have been treated by you as little more than female window dressing. I am not willing to attend cabinet in a peripheral capacity any longer".

Two points here;

Firstly how can any woman who poses for a glamour magazine complain that she is being used as window dressing. If she wants to be treated seriously then she shoud act like a diginified, business like individual. She has proved herself to be a self seeker.

Secondly, the lack of women in the cabinet should be the least of our worries when Gordon is surrounding himself with men who aren't even elected - THAT IS SCARY

Firstly how can any woman who poses for a glamour magazine complain that she is being used as window dressing.

I know I'm being a bit persnickety here but before anyone runs away with the idea that there are topless pictures of Flint floating around, it was an interview accompanied by photos in the Observer Magazine, which is a general interest Sunday supplement.

She looked glamorous, yes (and I think the word has been picked up on because she's quoted as saying in 1997 that it was time to put some glamour into politics) but it wasn't sleazy in the least.

Silly cow was stripping off for one newspaper, then in her offical capacity as European Minister admitted that she hadn't read the Lisbon Treaty.

Why are we "forced" to elect these idiots?

I see Meg Munn was having a go, at Gordon today.