Anti BNP demos

That's hardly specific, though. Are they protesting against the people who voted for them, against the decision to give them a seat, or is it just some nebulous, unspecified "the BNP are bad guys" protest?

Put another way .. what result would the protesters consider to be a success?

my bold

This is the reason they are protesting, I hope you understand this now...

http://www.thestar.co.uk/news/euro-seat-for-bnp.5343165.jp

that is the whole point in a democracy isnt it?? That people can decide who they vote for ? And enough people in our region decided they wanted to give the bnp a voice so it is of no concern to you!!!!

Will the same people be attending these rallies that attend every other protest march?

Ie: Tree huggers and social workers and the politically correct brigade.

Grow up!!!! The people have decided

here here !!!!!!!

I disagree with the protest. It is effectively a protest against democracy. BNP have got two seats because people voted for them, either because they truly believe the policies are good, or because they just want to create a reaction.

A protest up town would only serve to bring more attention to the BNP and strengthen the cause. I don't agree with the BNP, I voted otherwise, and I believe folk who voted for them should be ashamed of themselves. Supporters of the BNP are less British in my view and only show their stupidity. It goes against everything that we stood against 65 years ago and having lost a Jewish grandfather to Hitler's camps in Poland it is sickening to hear the leader of the BNP deny the Holocaust!

That I am not happy with the outcome is obvious, but to protest against it after the event is just daft. The correct approach is to challenge the party democratically, with reasoned debate and at future elections.

Remenber when voters in the USA got so annoyed about being told how to vote that they turned out FOR George Bush the second time around?

I wonder how many people decided to vote BNP simply because they were told not to?

Look at the figures: Sheffield did not vote BNP. The planned demonstration serves no purposes other than to raise the profile of the BNP some more.

I have actually looked at and do agree with certain BNP policies. I however won't vote bnp at present as i still have concerns as to their true intentions, some of their manifesto and their leader is not the person i think should be leading them on their journey.

There are people who just shout VOTE BNP, or DON'T VOTE BNP and the loudest are usually the ones who don't even read about them, read their policies or have any clue, they just enjoy the ranting back and forth. Im about to become a father, im wanting to provide security and stability to my family and of course gain what i can for the future in terms of finances and opertunities. The usual top 3 are trying to tell us what they think we want to hear but they are way off on some subjects and that's where UKIP and the BNP are gaining ground.

If the bnp were to take a different stance, stop seeming so much like racist biggots and voiced some true answers to other issues it's plausible for them to become legitimate candidates for a section of our society. In case your wondering which policies i back, those would be the return to english values focusing on tougher criminal penalties, a clampdown on anti social behaviour, and giving this country back some sense of social safety, as well as giving us back a little power to cope with our current social and economic problems. I don't agree with their heavy handed immigration views, although i do think enough is enough at least for a few years while this country gets back on it's feet.

As i said earlier and the top 3 should really take notice of this, UKIP have achieved 2nd place in this round and the current party in power is down in 3rd, the people have spoken and luckily not so much for the current bnp party, but for greater control over our economy and jobs, greater accountability and for a change....and we have all seen this happen to the americans in recent months, there is nothing really stopping our own nation taking a stance of change.

Two protests against the Nazi BNP getting a Euro MP in our area.

Tonight, Mon, at 5pm outside Sheffield Town Hall

Sat (June 13) at midday outside Leeds Art Gallery

DE"MOCK"RACY

sir,i do not agree with what u say but will defend to death ur right 2 say it!!

ppl who don't agree with their policy will give them more support(see above) if this goes ahead:loopy: theres nothing u can do they were voted in:loopy: if their force out of power!!!don your round heads is civil war!!!

I wonder how many people decided to vote BNP simply because they were told not to?

Probably the same number that would vote for Candidate C of the following if all stood for election.

Candidate A:

Associates with crooked politicians and consults with astrologists. He's had two Mistresses. He also chain smokes and drinks 8 to 10 martinis a day.

Candidate B:

He was kicked out of office twice, sleeps until noon, used opium in college and drinks a quart of whiskey every evening.

Candidate C:

He is a decorated war hero. He's a vegetarian. He doesn't smoke, drinks an occasional beer and never cheated on his wife.

Edited by CheekyBandit

Look at the figures: Sheffield did not vote BNP. The planned demonstration serves no purposes other than to raise the profile of the BNP some more.

Yeah, 12% of the voters in Sheffield voted for a fascist to represent them in Europe. Shameful. Makes you think your neighbours are a bunch of racists.

Oh dear, yet another liberal leftie coming out with the 'indigenous lazy dolie, chav vs hard working migrants' dichotomy or division, it is not only dangerous, its wrong: my Hungarian friend for instance tells me, there are plenty of 'lazy people' in her country, its the 'go-getters' who come here, often the people most needed, particularly in the developing world. One could also ask who did these jobs for many years, the working class did! till Thatcher destroyed their communities and confidence. The new cruel Welfare Reforms will also see many U.K people of all ethnicities competing with migrants from all around the world for minimum wage work in a neo-liberal race to the bottom.

No2EU, Yes To Democracy had a balanced approach and fair approach to these issues, shame so few voted for them...

Funny how many people have blindly been suckered into thinking economic migrancy is a good thing. They might think again if they have the bum-clenching experience of not being able to get a job because some exploited worker from Poland can do it more cheaply.

Probably the same number that would vote for Candidate C of the following if all stood for election.

Candidate A:

Associates with crooked politicians and consults with astrologists. He's had two Mistresses. He also chain smokes and drinks 8 to 10 martinis a day.

Candidate B:

He was kicked out of office twice, sleeps until noon, used opium in college and drinks a quart of whiskey every evening.

Candidate C:

He is a decorated war hero. He's a vegetarian. He doesn't smoke, drinks an occasional beer and never cheated on his wife.

We all know that B is Churchill and C is Hitler... (I forget who A is) and the only reason he didn't cheat on the wife is that he ate a half-ounce of lead an hour or two after marrying her!!!)

the thing is, fortunately, we have more than the one sentence soundbite to make our minds up whether X, Y or Z is best placed to represent us, we have history, and track-records to help us decide. And I have to say with their track record, many of the BNP membership have proven themselves to be racist, violent thugs, (their possessing criminal records, as proof of my assertion) who haven't got a single decent policy within the party.

I am by no means pro BNP but, as someone has mentioned on here, people are picking parts of what BNP stand for and its swinging their views. What needs to be taken from this is that people are not being listened to, the BNP have mentioned workers coming to the uk, people feel very very strongly about this and all to often no one listens.

Before i get jumped on, i know that the europeans are doing the jobs that thos that were out of work before the recession didnt want, but now we are in recession there are those on benefits that DO want to work. Agencies no longer have an abundance of work.

It's fine being politically correct but as i have mentioned many times, we are a very small island that is filling up far to quickly.