Watching X files

I was just started watching The X Files. I have missed (thankfully) most of the episodes so that now, in re-run, I can see first run shows (late at night when I'm most awake!). The X Files lasted about 10 years. A big success in modern times and with good reason. There are so many great episodes it would be hard to play them without including almost every one of them. The original Twilight Zone still gets my vote for all-time best. However, that had to fill only 1/2 hour each week. Much more difficult is a weekly hour-long show. I like to compare movies I see to X Files and realize that for a weekly show to be that good to compare to movies, this show truly is a gem and a classic. Paranormal and that dark moodiness that was a trademark of this show is apparent in many of the episodes. A tribute also to the actors/directors for the great performances they could get out of the cast members.

Edited by Beakerzoid
Spam links embedded in message

I'm with you on that! I rediscovered it a few years back and ended up buying all 9 seasons on DVD. I actually think the storylines peaked season 4,5 and 6, long after most people in the UK stopped watching.

Yes, I'd agree with that, seasons 1 - 6 are the good ones. They are the X - Files for me. Unfortunately 7, 8 & 9 seem to go off the boil. As for the 2nd film - I really don't know why they bothered!!

As someone who is a massive X-files fan I enjoyed the final couple of series with agent Doggett and Reyes as I'd thought the Mulder and Scully will "will they, won't They" thing turned the thing into a soap opera. The final few series also drew away from the alien conspiracy and concentrated more on the supernatural, as that was agent Reyes area of expertise.

I've still not got around to watching season 6 onwards, but have them sat waiting for me to find the enthusiasm again (I ploughed through 1 to 5 last year)

have um all on dvd too, liked the later series of it without mulder,

not got round to buying the lone gunmen spin off yet tho.