Hi,

Some ass wipe tried to break into my car last night. Understandably I am quite angry and as a young driver my premiums will go up ridiculously if they have to pay out. It is the last thing I need as it just failed its MOT and my insurance is due this month, as is the tax

It was parked on my drive way at the new Parklands development at Manor Top. Has anyone in the general vinicinity heard of any other attempts? They tried to open the driver side door with the intention of stealing it (I assume). They did an awful job as the most they could do was screw up the lock and a bit of cosmetic damage. Any ideas how much it would approximately cost?

Thanks,

Sam

Depending on make/model it may be cheaper to find a second hand door in right colour and swap it over.

£30-60 should get a complete door.

Charlotte salvage. is a good place to start.

Wilf jays at Treeton.

doncaster motor spares.

YELL.com should list numbers

Just a suggestion re MOT, tax etc coming all at the same time. Try get a 6 month tax disc this time to offset it from the insurance/mot :) Then get 12 months.

My parents live at the side of Myrtle Springs School...and their neighbour has had their car trashed 2-3times and couple of weeks ago..they came back and took the car that time...they havent got it back as far as I am aware yet...maybe same folk trashing and nicking them...I dont know...when my son used to go up with his car and he stayed there for a couple of hours...even during the day...his car was scratched..broken into..walked on...so its been going off on arbourthorne for years...he has learnt now..not to stay too long...bit off tho isnt it..cant visit grandparents for too long for fear of gettin your car trashed....in fact where we live..wen he first got a car few years back now..he used to come down the road with his window wound down and his stereo on loudly...me and his dad told him not to do this..cos then we had just had a 'not so pleasant' family move onto the road...and our son didnt listen to us..and a couple of times he had his car broken into and his stero nicked from outside our own house...but we seem to think it was somethin to do with the 'nice family'...we couldnt prove it was them...just assumed...cos it never happened before they came onto the road...but we managed to get word across to them that if his car was broken into again...thered be trouble...and touch wood..it never has been touched since....makes you wonder if it was them dont it....dont know why folk have to mess with others property....whats wrong with em working and saving like the rest of us have to do....instead of nickin it...really annoys me.....::mad:

Sorry about that - know how you feel, but get an alarm fitted, the type that you can remove and fit to your next car. I didn't-so had my Fiesta stolen off the drive.

the police caught some youths last week on gleadless common - armed wi a screwdriver - broke into a few cars - the police were useless aswell

Mine got tried last night (S6) its an old car and they bent the top of the drivers door open, and reached to unlock it. I'm guessing the didnt think it would have an alarm on it!!! All bent back into shape now but i'm still angry that little ****s can go around and do what they want to your property.

Anyone seeing anyone looking suspiscious (trying car doors etc) please report it straight away and something might get done.

Ill be waiting for them tonight and if they come back they will have a putter wrapped round the back of their heads!!!

while ever south yorks police aid car theives it will only get worse whenever a car is stolen or just damaged all we get is claim on insurance cause it aint worth police time.that is of course depending if you are wealthy and own a expensive car as ive seen before then police burn there ass to get there

The stealing dosen't end with stealing/defacing other peoples property wouldn't surprise me if the scrotes where on benefits.

Ive had my dust valve caps and my centre caps on my alloys pinched in public car parks...why!? they only cost a couple of quid!!!! Its the annoyance of it making my car look like a heap and having to replace them rather then they stole it.

If I ever caught anyone doing this I think I would beat them inches from death.

the police caught some youths last week on gleadless common - armed wi a screwdriver - broke into a few cars - the police were useless aswell

so your saying the police did their job but were useless??

they caught them, locked them up and they were not very good??

Hi,

Some ass wipe tried to break into my car last night. Understandably I am quite angry and as a young driver my premiums will go up ridiculously if they have to pay out. It is the last thing I need as it just failed its MOT and my insurance is due this month, as is the tax

It was parked on my drive way at the new Parklands development at Manor Top. Has anyone in the general vinicinity heard of any other attempts? They tried to open the driver side door with the intention of stealing it (I assume). They did an awful job as the most they could do was screw up the lock and a bit of cosmetic damage. Any ideas how much it would approximately cost?

Thanks,

Sam

My friend lives in that area - the new houses, he has had nothing but trouble, his bumbpr got stolen off his car - his garage is always getting broken and his neighbour was beaten up on his doorstep by a gang of youths.

My advice is to move off the area, your insurance will go down a lot and you won't have half the probs!! Scumbags who live around there will always cause the decent people problems.