We’re excited to announce the forum is under new management! Click here for details.

New Dog expect walks when its raining - is this normal?

So its raining outside and most sensible creatures prefer to be indoors and by the fire, but no, our new dog wants to go outside in the rain and have a walk.

So hes at the door wimpering, and I tell the dog “not today, its raining”. The dog responds by protesting, he plops on the floor.

Do all dogs behave like this? We have a gerbil and he doesn’t expect to be taken for walks.

Is it right for a dog to expect to have a walk when its raining outside?

well yea i bet if the dog chewed up your house on the days u dont walk him then youd complain at him, but hes just purley bored

not sure about all dogs but our dog loves the rain, and walking in it i like going out with her in the rain it's really quiet (as people tend to stay in) take the dog out discover the world of rain:hihi:

So hes at the door wimpering, and I tell the dog “not today, its raining”. The dog responds by protesting, he plops on the floor.

Our dog’s behaviour is like clockwork but when it’s torrential even he took one look and turned around, all you can do is wait for a lull in it and take him for a quick nip round the block.

So its raining outside and most sensible creatures prefer to be indoors and by the fire, but no, our new dog wants to go outside in the rain and have a walk.

Do all dogs behave like this? We have a gerbil and he doesn’t expect to be taken for walks.

I'd guess he wants to go out for his business. So it's your choice I guess. Eventually I guess he would just pee on your carpet.

Edited by mrmist

Dogs still need to go out what ever the weather, if he was whimpering at the door, obviously he wanted to go out, not his fault if you didn't let him, he's got to do it somewhere, plus they need a change of scenery.

Proper boring just sat in the house all day

my three dogs go for a walk twice sometimes three times day whatever the weather, all part of being a reaponsible dog owner I'm afraid.

well yea i bet if the dog chewed up your house on the days u dont walk him then youd complain at him, but hes just purley bored

Well I don't chew the furniture when I get bored.

Thats a poor excuse, and is never an excuse for mindless vandalism

dogs dont know that ,dogs do chew when they get bored simple as its a fact ask anybody or if he weed and pood in ur house would you shout at him then becouse you havent let him out theres nowhere for him to do it, this coming from the person whowants to dressed his(hard) staffy up even if the dog is destressed, oooooooo the trolls on the forum

we have 2.5 dogs lol 2 like to be walked in the rain and one doesn't ! Mojo hates rain with a passion , Badger however loves to be walked come rain or shine . Dave my hubby prefestay in so today I have done all the walking the rain lol

is this a serious post?????

is this a serious post?????

Just pacify them it will keep them happy. :D

is this post here for a joke? i mean should this person even have a dog? think ill leave it at that.:loopy: