Does anyone here live in Peninsula?

I think regents is 3BA, so long as the removal man finds it who cares! We were worried too but everyone who lives there are young professionals, never home kinda thing so I'm a bit of a WAG 'cuz at the moment I'm always home!! I see everyone coming and going. Nosey Neighbour!

We still havent got curtains as theres a bit of a design fault - the gap is very small between door frame and ceiling in the living room and for the bedrooms im still deciding on a colour! Oh another design fault is the kitchen cupboards. Im not sure how yours is laid out but our top cupboards are too shallow to house pans and the only cupboard on the bottom is under the sink as everywhere else has an appliance in it! We have a dishwasher that so far is storage for the pots and pans that dont fit anywhere else!!

Have you got one of those glass top hobs too? Theyre really hard to clean, and in the handbook it talks about a blade? whats one of them?! xx

Yeah I've got a halogen hob, I normally clean them with a degeaser and a dishcloth.. don't know what this 'blade' is!

I'll be there most days from when I move in as I'm on summer holidays from work! I'll be doing lots of nosing too!! I'm going to be looking out for you nosing on me now!!

I looked at the cupboards in my flat and they seemed quite deep, I expect ours are quite different as mine's only a one bed.

Ahh well I'm not gonna bother buying this blade thing- not that I'd even know where to get one from in the first place.

We can nose together. Glass of wine anyone?! Oh have I got stories about the couple that live across the road!! Haha!

Well, hello neighbour!

What do you do for a living if you get the summer off? Im guessing teacher!! So lucky!!

Edited by Miss M
bigheffa21....

please be careful people, this is a red light area! and you must have seen it on crimewatch last year! just across the street is where all the prostitutes and druggies go - Towsure/wickes etc, not a safe area at all, wouldnt advise anyone to live there because of the area, but then again the inside could be very nice, just the area is not.

I know all 'about the area' thanks. Luckily, I spend most of my time when at home, inside - you know, actually, in the house.

bigheffa21, I've seen your other posts and thanks for the advice, but you don't fill me with confidence.

MissM - howdy neighbour! Definitely a glass of wine please!! (Or a bottle!) Yes, I'm a teacher, secondary. In fact, I had better go and get ready - about to go back to work for a sponsored 'Stayawake' til 9 am tomorrow. Madness! PM me if you fancy meeting up, it'd be nice to get to know someone there. I am moving out of my house as me and my boyfriend have split up after 3 years so could definitely do with meeting some new people to have the odd natter with!x

Ive tried the PM thing, let me know if it hasnt worked.... Good luck on the stay awake!! xx

Unless you stand in a provocative maner wearing revealing cloths and look really rough close up I don't think you will have any problems! People just seem to like spreading doom and gloom!

true, but a colleague of mine got mugged whilst walking down there, I used to work opposite there, steel place, so I do know first hand, saw them from satrt to finish and we all thought no one would want to live there and laughed at the view from the front they would get( of the kerb crawlers) but hey it can be a great place to live so enjoy it.

its really not that bad and i havent seen any prostitutes or thugs... but heres always gonna be bad things in any area, just kee ur wits...

Are these the blocks that I mentioned on another thread as being my favourite new buildings? The yellow brick ones opposite Rutland Rd?

Are these the blocks that I mentioned on another thread as being my favourite new buildings? The yellow brick ones opposite Rutland Rd?

Yep

:)