Does anyone here live in Peninsula?

anj.t I'm with Slater Barlow & the biggest issue I have with them is they do not answer calls or emails if you have a problem, my experience with them isn't as bad as jennie2102. The flats are great, I live here on my own & feel completely safe all the time. The area isn't overly pretty, but it's quiet & safe.

It's brilliant for public transport, with trams & buses into town.

I've never lived anywhere for more than 8 months (& this is something like property number 10 since living at my mom's) & I'm more than happy to stay here for the foreseeable :)

Save yourself a whole lot of bother. I can honestly say I would NEVER recommend Slater Barlow. Just don't put yourself through the bother of it. They'll be sweet as pie while they show you round, move you in and take your money off you then you get no service whatsoever. Go with Saxton Mee, at least they're in Sheffield. Slater Barlow shouldnt be allowed to trade if you ask me.

There are niggles, as with all new builds and they are usually small problems to sory out. It only become a majour pain the ass when you can't get hold of your letting agents for weeks on end!

I like my flat and the area's fine. Be sensible and take all your valuables out the car and stuff like that. It's just like any other area. I was a little apprehensive about living this close to the city centre and, well, Upperthorpe tbh but it's fine -dead handy for town and tesco as well.

Edited by jennie2102

thanks a lot everyone! Really helpful! When i booked the viewing with slater barlow the lady was a little rude unlike other agents that will bend over back wards to help. I saw the showroom the other week and it was soooooo nice but i will hold out for now, either to see if there is another agent or if i see something else. Thanks again!

She must have been in a bad mood from the grief jennies been giving hahahahaha. Well theres plenty empty. Try Sheff Lets and saxton/HSS x

.......... *made a post but decided to delete*

Edited by DannyRockman

HI DannyRockman, I have read your post as it gets sent to the email, and the air con thing - you can twist the aircon centre to stop it blowing air through. So although its not turned OFF its not blowing.

BT were al absolute bitch with us and we had the argument a thousand times with saxton mee that they should pay. We lost and ended up paying it as we NEED internet lol. Sky plus was the same for us - pain in the ass tbh..

I read it too Danny - same - it was emailed through!

I went with Virgin Media and they installed a BT line for free - only a 12 month contract too. Sorry, guess that's not very helpful now!

I wondered what you were up to posting at midnight?! A few drinkies??!

I would say "Hi" but I don't know what you look like! It's nice that you've got to meet some people in the block. I only just met one other person in our block (Neverthere) and MissM in the other block. We should all go for a few beers sometime....?

To be fair, BT will charge for a new line no matter where you live, they're the spawn of Satan.

& I read it too, haha, but I'm the reason he deleted it... lol

I think we should definitely all go out for drinks sometime Jennie, it'd be fun :)

why are you the reason?? lol

agreed to drinks!! x

My boyfriend and I have just moved in, using slater Barlow too. I have never had to complain so much in my life! They don't reply to emails, or phone messages for weeks on end! It's driving us mental!

good luck Kirstiek, Jennie2102 can tell you some horror stories of that useless company :/