Does anyone here live in Peninsula?

I'm thinking of moving there.. just wondered what people think of it! Any comments appreciated! I'm thinking about the Regents block by the way (the smaller one, further away from the road).

I'm thinking of moving there.. just wondered what people think of it! Any comments appreciated! I'm thinking about the Regents block by the way (the smaller one, further away from the road).

Personally I think its in no mans land. It's not in the city centre, or far enough out to have the benefits (if there are any) of suburbia. The local area is pretty horrific but the development looks nice.

Did consider a viewing, but for me the local lets it down.

I don't work in the city, I work 20 miles north of it so it's really handy for Penistone Rd, plus closer to the city for the weekend than I have previously been. I don't want to live right in the city as I like some quiet, but the house I'm in at the mo is too expensive to keep on on my own - it's a case of needs must really! The flats are really well done out, nice and bright. Just worried as I've never lived in a flat before!

I don't work in the city, I work 20 miles north of it so it's really handy for Penistone Rd, plus closer to the city for the weekend than I have previously been. I don't want to live right in the city as I like some quiet, but the house I'm in at the mo is too expensive to keep on on my own - it's a case of needs must really! The flats are really well done out, nice and bright. Just worried as I've never lived in a flat before!

I live in West One now, and must say I never get woken by noise.

From your circumstances its probably a decent position then as long as your not too concerned that the local area isn't exactly great.

You'll find the security is better in a flat and if you're on your own it wont seem as lonely all the time. For me, a balcony to have some drinks on is fine for outside space. If you're used to a house though it could be a problem.

Anyone moved in there yet? I'm eager to know what people think about it... Moving in in a month. Saw some removal vans outside today so I figure it's beginning to fill up a bit?

Hi,

We have let and now manage a few properties in there and they let straight away. The tenants all seam happy enough. One of them is a doctor, two work at an office in town and I cant remember what the rest do but we have had no complaints.

We have a lot of enquiries for it but we have no more flats left in there..it appears to be a very popular development. I think it is because the flats are big in comparison to the ones in the City Centre and parking is better/cheaper.

If you like real ale then you're spoiled for choice down there. Other than that, there's little appeal to the local area.

I live at peninsula!! I moved just over 2 weeks ago. My partner and I live in the bigger block, philadelphia house in a 2 bedroomed 1st floor apartment. Its absolutely wonderful.

We have a stunning kitchen and bathroom, a unique window and a balcony. There are only 7 flats occupied in our block and all are wonderful people. I wouldnt recommend paying the £50 a month fee for parking though as there is plenty street parking thats reasonably safe.

Its a good location too. Tesco is just across the road, trams, DIY store, shoe shop, petrol stations and hillsborough shops. As the property is new - the foundations are still settling so dont worry about cracks in the walls. Go for a viewing - sat & sun 12-4. Lyndsey is in the show flat - great woman!

If your moving in a month then I guess you have viewed already. The materials used throughout the flats are of an average quality - nothing bad though. Check for damages - our patio door needs replacing as the workmen used power tools near it which have chipped the glass but you can only see it if you really REALLY look. We had a bit of trouble figuring out how to turn the hot water on and keep it on but were ok now. There are security codes to eerywhere which is a real peice of mind when I'm home alone. The road is very quiet at night - no yobbs or cars because its off the track. Even penistone rd is quiet.

One thing we didn't think of is that as the address is new - many companys say we dont exist. At the moment were having trouble with argos... apparently theres no such address so its a good idea to photocopy the confirmation letter from royal mail and send it wherever you need it.

Hope this helps... Get in touch if you want to know more!

I hope you find what your looking for.

Edited by Miss M
forgot bits :)

You sound dead pleased with the place! I'm glad- moving in on 28th. I think my block is going to be pretty empty too! I'm renting, so not too concerned about cracks in walls! I'm jealous of your balcony though, I don't get one as I'm on the top floor.

Maybe we could meet for drink when I move in?

I've had the same problem with the postcode - are you using S6 3BA? The estate agents told me S6 3BQ but that's the flats across the road.

Edited by jennie2102
saw previous edited post

Oh I am dead pleased. If your renting make sure you get written permission to hang curtains and such. Also, we dont have a mirror in the bathroom so we have to fix our own - and when we move out you have to take all fixtures down and refill the holes. You dont happen to have blonde hair do you? I saw a lady viewing last week :)

Where are you orininally from?

Im using S6 3BS.. nothing seems to work so iv given up!!

No, I viewed a month ago - haven't been round since. I've lived all over the place, but I've already been in Sheffield for 2 years, I live in Hillsborough.

There are already blinds in my apt but I'm gonna stick up a pole and just sort it out when I go. I think there is a ledge in my bathroom where I can prop up a mirror.. I'll get round it somehow!

Kinda pleased I've 'spoken' to someone who lives there, I was beginning to think it was a proper ghost town!

Royal Mail emailed me to tell me it's definitely S6 3BA but that might only be for regents house!!