baby with sore bottom

my 1 year old has a very very very sore bum so much so that he wont sit downpropperly and when he does he screams changing him tonight its not as red but looks like skin has peeled a bit and is more sore in them areas im very worried can anybody help, im using sudocrem and petroleum jelly neither are workin:confused:

If he is teething it could be his teeth. If you have any sudocrem or bepanthen maybe they will help. They help with Ruby-jade but try bepanthen if you have any hun, as I have just realised you are using sudocrem silly me lol. Poor babe, hope he feels better soon. Try and make him an appointment at docs as it could be excezma and they may give you some cream hun. Hope this helps you x

I would take your LO to the docs, as when I had a similar thing with my DD, it turned out that it had got infected and needed some prescribed cream and cleared up after using it.

My son's bottom was bleeding and blistering on 2 occassions when he was little. Metanium cream works like magic. I'd try that and if it doesn't work take him to the doctors.

My DD1 had the same- but sudocrem, metanium.. nothing worked. It was raw in places and some places looked like dots. Turned out to be thrush- the dots are a sign apparantly- (not in her bits but on her skin) and needed some baby canesten cream (diff to the stuff women would use for thrush of the ladybits!) which I got on prescription but think you can just buy. Maybe it's that. Hope you sort it soon x

i have always found bepanthen works brilliantly, clears my little girl up within hours!

Another vote for metanium here ;) but I'd get a proper medical opinion about it- my little boy's had thrush there too.

If he is teething it could be his teeth. If you have any sudocrem or bepanthen maybe they will help. They help with Ruby-jade but try bepanthen if you have any hun, as I have just realised you are using sudocrem silly me lol. Poor babe, hope he feels better soon. Try and make him an appointment at docs as it could be excezma and they may give you some cream hun. Hope this helps you x
Teething? Sore bum? What's the connection? :huh:

hi thanks for your advice everybody, today its not red at all but does have bad sores still on his bottom, but it dosent look like thrush hes has that in his mouth and looks nothing like it, but still im going to take him to doctors tomorrow as its still painfull for him

Some babies do get a sore bum with teething, my daughter does and my OH's little cousin does, and I'm pretty sure more babies will also. Also my daughter gets the runs as well when she is teething, as a result of her swallowing her saliva, and it was my health visitor who told me this so I am pretty sure this is correct. Hope this helps you understand a bit better the connection between the sore bum and the teething.

my son used to get a sore bum from teething too and it got so bad that i had no choice but to potty train him at 16 months (wasnt that hard to be honest).