Incident on City Road

Police car not letting traffic go down City Road at junction of Granville Road, lots of police about and helicopter been hovering. Any one know whats happened? When I asked policeman if there had been an accident, his reply was 'cannott comment'.

Armed response police caught 3 people at the hyde park tram stop which is in relation to this i think.

I hear there's been a shooting

I'm surprised with this one, I thought what with closing City Road, one of Sheffield's main roads and a main route into the City Centre for many, that more people would have asked questions on here as to why?

I too heard it was a shooting however I could'nt tell you as to whether theres any truth in this as of yet, as the person who told me was a pretty drunken elderly gentleman, however if somebody else has heard this too then maybe it is correct.

If so, the road opened not overly long after the incident soo I would hope this is a sign that it was'nt as serious as you would imagine???

Anyway I have been trawling BBC SY, The Star, etc and as of yet have'nt seen anything regarding the incident so if anybody knows anything, or even if it was indeed a shooting, then by all means feel free to comment.

There was a guy with a machete came out of a house on city rd and he was talking about somebody having a gun. Sounds like the police were looking for whoever had the gun

there was a shooting and the police towed a car away dont know if it was the shooters or what

Anymore news?

I live on City Road. I was out at the time but first I heard was when policeman came to our house on Sunday afternoon and asked if I had been in on Saturday following 'an incident'. How annoying, I missed it all!!

Edited by Joey 7
forgot to put something

i know there has been an incident on queens road early hours of today which closed the chesterfield road route into the city today, related?

Just been on Calendar news that two police officers received minor stab wounds whilst trying to make an arrest and the road is expected to be closed for the rest of the day and diversions are in place etc

They also mentioned the Police Complaints Authority have been informed.

Just been on Calendar news that two police officers received minor stab wounds whilst trying to make an arrest and the road is expected to be closed for the rest of the day and diversions are in place etc

They also mentioned the Police Complaints Authority have been informed.

You sure that wasn't the Queens Road incident?

Completely different incident all together, the City Road incident happened on saturday in the day time might have been mid afternoon, and the Queens Road incident happened in the early hours of Monday morning and the two incidents happened a considerable distance away from eachother.