Strange fire and bright buzzing light around Gleadless Rd area

I've tried to find a thread about this, and it's probable here and I've missed it.

Does anyone know what's been going on in the Gleadless Rd area for the last few nights? There's been what looks like a small fire, that throws up fire balls, and a very bright white light, that emits a VERY loud buzzing sound...I though it was the copper chopper at first.

This has been going on every night from around 10 or 11pm for a few hours, and the last couple of nights (especially Thursday night) there has also been music playing.

It's been really loud as I live just off London Rd near the Mosque and I could hear it, keeping me awake.

Any ideas?

Extreme Arts next to Heeley City Farm.

I've tried to find a thread about this, and it's probable here and I've missed it.

Does anyone know what's been going on in the Gleadless Rd area for the last few nights? There's been what looks like a small fire, that throws up fire balls, and a very bright white light, that emits a VERY loud buzzing sound...I though it was the copper chopper at first.

This has been going on every night from around 10 or 11pm for a few hours, and the last couple of nights (especially Thursday night) there has also been music playing.

It's been really loud as I live just off London Rd near the Mosque and I could hear it, keeping me awake.

Any ideas?

Not too sure where Gleadless Road is, but I live two streets away from the Mosque, and i have neither seen any fire balls or heard any weird noises??? The Extreme Arts festival is behind the Sheaf pub off Chesterfield Road but I haven't heard anything from there - maybe you live closer? They had bands on last night, but can't imagine they played so late they'd keep the locals awake?

Thanks for the replies, I think it will be the Extreme Arts thing, as it does look like it's right behind the Sheaf Pub!

Just thought it was weird for fire balls to be going off in the middle of a city!

Hi,

That explains what i posted about Thursday night, saw flashing lights & the clouds suddenly glowing a bright orange as if they were on fire.

Mark

Edited by marky26_uk
spelling

Not too sure where Gleadless Road is, but I live two streets away from the Mosque, and i have neither seen any fire balls or heard any weird noises??? The Extreme Arts festival is behind the Sheaf pub off Chesterfield Road but I haven't heard anything from there - maybe you live closer? They had bands on last night, but can't imagine they played so late they'd keep the locals awake?

They finish quite late - around 11.30 ish so do keep people awake...