New Cafe/Bookshop in Abbeydale Road - Anyone been?

Is that the 'Rude Shipyard'? I'm intrigued and really keen to pay it a visit. I'm very busy at the moment but every time I drive past I have a quick neb.

oh, is that what it is. might pop in one day on my lunch break.

I have been walking past it for the last week or so that it has been open, and it always looks busy - doesn't look much of a bookshop though??? Few odds in window look like they were found in the netheredge oxfam shop! But it has been busy every time I have been past!

http://therudeshipyard.com/

I've been meaning to go for yonks as well ... will try and get there some time next week for lunch or cake and report back when I do (the things I do for this forum...).

Stopped to have a dekko inside a few days ago and it did look smashing + very friendly staff.

Whereabout is this on Abbeydale Rd? It sounds good!

Do they have a good stock of second hand books?

Oooh. I'll be in for a look soon too.

I love the name.

It is excellent, there is a blog post about it at sheffieldblog.com

Whereabout is this on Abbeydale Rd? It sounds good!

Do they have a good stock of second hand books?

Across the road from Paraphanalia, on the corner - before you get to the Polish Restaurant and Switched on Lighting... I would say it appears to be more of a cafe than a book shop - the books in the window look like junk shop books rather than books you would pay proper money to buy, if you know what I mean! It has been very busy every day I have walked past it though, has seats outside etc...

It was some sort of landlord shop most recently, yes - prior to that it was a shop that old tat at extravagant prices!!! Little homemade felt bags for fifty quid and what not... Can't recall what it was before that, some sort of office???