Hello there!

I just arrived in Sheffield few days ago, could you advise me any place to enjoy live music? especially Jazz or blues...

Thanks!

The Red House on Solly Street has lots of gigs with up and coming bands. And check out Jazz Sundays at the Showroom Cinema!

mentholmans@west st live on west st is open 7 nights a week and is nearly always free entry. we do music of all genres.

Hello there!

I just arrived in Sheffield few days ago, could you advise me any place to enjoy live music? especially Jazz or blues...

Thanks!

Wortley Hall are having a Jazz & Blues evening on the 19th.

Thanks a lot everyone!I am gonna check all these places!

Dove and Rainbow is back on track with 3 or more bands per week starting later this month,after a bit of a break from regular live music..

and 12 hours of non stop local bands at DOVE STOCK this Sunday 7th June. free entry to all...

The York in Broomhill is also starting to put on regular live music, details to follow soon....

Loads of great live music nights depending what you're after. Academy and Plug get some big acts but check out smaller venues for some cool little gigs. The shakespeare, west st live, harley, dq, the grapes etc are always worth checking out!

And a shameless plug but this monday at soyo we have a great live lineup. With the Heebie Jeebies, Darlings of the Splitscreen and acoustic act Geraint Jones! DJs and loads of artists and Illustrators. Pop down if you fancy it. 7pm onwards and its FREE!

I'd keep an eye out for your local theatres.

Last Thursday I went to see Never Forget at the Lyceum. It's a bit like Mamma Mia, it's a play that uses the songs of Take That. That was a great night.

Last night we went to an Eagles tribute band called Talon at the Rotherham Civic and they were great too.

DOVE STOCK at the Dove has been rockin hard all day.......it half past 9 now and its been great and 4 bands still to go.:thumbsup: