Parking on Outskirts of London

Can anybody recommend a tube/ train station out of London centre that I can park at to spend a weekend in the city?

I don't mind if it's miles out!

Many thanks

Elstree and Borehamwood just of A1,, fast train Thameslink into Kings Cross

Elstree and Borehamwood just of A1,, fast train Thameslink into Kings Cross

that sounds perfect thank you!

We always park at East Finchley station; there always seems to be plenty of space and it doesn't take long into the centre of London. If you go further out to Finchley Central, you'll end up being in zone 4 (for the tube).

I'm not sure if you can park there overnight though (if that's what you were wanting to do).

I did this recently - went to Stanmore just off the M1 (v easy to find). Nice big car park (£1 parking at weekends). Regular tubes into London. I think it was £3ish each way (I bought an oyster card cos it worked out cheaper).

Top tip - don't go when the football is on !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

oh, tube was around 30 mins from there to Bond Street

Why does anybody want to go to a complete ****hole like London

Daftlad, you ever been to london?? i was brought up there, its not a sh*thole for a visit! lots to see and do!

finchley would best i think, elstree not the best train wise and on a fri night will be a nightmare with the big brother lot using trains.

I did this recently - went to Stanmore just off the M1 (v easy to find). Nice big car park (£1 parking at weekends). Regular tubes into London. I think it was £3ish each way (I bought an oyster card cos it worked out cheaper).

Top tip - don't go when the football is on !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Yep Stanmore is usually the one I use too. Really good value if you leave your car for the weekend, and tube to central London leaves regularly. It's easy to find too (just do a search on google).

Have not been for a while but used to park up at the Brent Cross Shopping centre and get bus from there to Oxford St, parking was free, just lock it up and leave it. There is also a tube station about 5 minutes walk away at Hendon.

Might be worth considering :thumbsup:

I've used Luton before. Not far off M1, cheap parking, plenty of fast trains to London.

Daftlad, you ever been to london?? i was brought up there, its not a sh*thole for a visit! lots to see and do!

finchley would best i think, elstree not the best train wise and on a fri night will be a nightmare with the big brother lot using trains.

Yeah. been about 20 times to london and it is a xxxxhole. Last time I went was the other week to the play off final, came through the brent area on the inner circle rd onto the m1 and what a poor district that is. Some of the cars parked in the area would be worth more than the houses they were parked outside