Artificial Grass MEGATHREAD - No Advertising/Quotes

At B and Q it is 9.99 a square meter, you can get cheaper than the above online. I am just about to have it done as I cannot lay turf due to the large fearns at the bottom of my garden taking the moisture. The modern astroturfs are pretty good, many of the new football centres use 4G turfs that you can actually slide tackle on the quality is that good.

And no 'carpet burns'?

Anyone know a rough cost to install an artificial lawn approx 18ft x 14ft.

Don't want to get people in to quote if the rough costs are too much.

I think that you will really need to invite the companies to your home for proper estimates. However, you could telephone a few and submit your measurements to them. So much depends on the type of grass you choose - there are many, some better than others. The more expensive ones tend to look more natural, particularly if they have some 'thatch' in them. At a (very rough) guess for that size you would be looking at a sum of at least £800/£1,000 but do make some enquiries yourself.

There is a lot of ground work to be done:

Lifting existing turf (skip needed)

Level/roller ground

Apply dust/gravel mix and level

Underlay

Grass

Sand

There is a lot more to it than it would first seem. If you go to a few garden centres you will be able to work out a rough price yourself but it will only be for the grass of course. There is a chap in Rotherham indoor market that does it - can't remember his name. We had Lazy Lawn and like it very much indeed, particularly as we have dogs. Ours is a larger area than the one you describe. It was very expensive but is maintenance-free and looks lovely.

Edited by ccit

If you are still looking for an artificial grass quotation I'd be happy to offer a estimate.

Be happy to provide a free no obligation quote would probably be able to supply and install for approx £900 or less with a proper survey if your intrested contact jordan from appleyards home improvements all the best jordan

4.2 x 5.5m the rolls usually come in 2 and 4m wide. I would say if you want a decent grade of lawn and the job done properly ie limestone sub base weed membrane etc it would be at least £1000 as there would be £700 + in materials

just seen this in b and q they dont fit it but its £60

Does it come with underlay or is that extra?

does anybody know a company in Sheffield or surrounding area that will supply and fit artificial grass eg astroturf thanks