Artificial Grass MEGATHREAD - No Advertising/Quotes

Is it me, or have things moved on since the 'astro-turf' days. I remember playng football on said turf about 10 years ago, and god help you if you fell over on it, cos it ripped your skin to bits. It was horrible stuff, and vowed I'd never play on it ever again. Have they got over that problem now?

still the same pete, plastic grass (nylon)...oh dear, lol puts me in mind of green painted concrete, lazy ass grass.

still the same pete, plastic grass (nylon)...oh dear, lol puts me in mind of green painted concrete, lazy ass grass.

Really?....it's the same? Then I wonder why it's so popular now? Cos I'll tell you what, it strips skin like nothing I've ever known. It's positively dangerous for kids to play on.

Really?....it's the same? Then I wonder why it's so popular now? Cos I'll tell you what, it strips skin like nothing I've ever known. It's positively dangerous for kids to play on.

Zero maintenance required I think is the big draw, presumably it will start to look tatty/faded after (albeit if we get any) a couple of hot summers?

Zero maintenance required I think is the big draw, presumably it will start to look tatty/faded after (albeit if we get any) a couple of hot summers?

Zero maintenance is ok, and possibly why a lot have it installed, but to do anything other than 'look' at it, is a mistake IMHO. It 'is' actually dangerous to let kids play on it, unless they're fully 'togged' up with knee pads, elbow pads, and everything else pads. The burns you get from it, really, really hurt a lot!

Zero maintenance is ok, and possibly why a lot have it installed, but to do anything other than 'look' at it, is a mistake IMHO. It 'is' actually dangerous to let kids play on it, unless they're fully 'togged' up with knee pads, elbow pads, and everything else pads. The burns you get from it, really, really hurt a lot!

Ha sounds like you've been scarred for life from playing on astroturf in the past as a kid mate!

But you're right it might not be the most kid friendly stuff, plus how the hell they gonna get their first taste of mud and worms!

and its 35 - 45 quid a metre, at that price i would want it bolted to the floor and the frigin dog better not go near it lol

Ha sounds like you've been scarred for life from playing on astroturf in the past as a kid mate!

But you're right it might not be the most kid friendly stuff, plus how the hell they gonna get their first taste of mud and worms!

In a way, yes I have been scarred for life! I vividly remember just how much it hurt!

Oh, and you're right about the mud and worms!..:hihi:

and its 35 - 45 quid a metre, at that price i would want it bolted to the floor and the frigin dog better not go near it lol

Jesus expensive do that, presumably its fire safe, if some scrotes knew about artificial grass on someone's front lawn!

Especially if the dog takes a liking to chewing it, or digging it up!.....Barbequed dog anyone?

At B and Q it is 9.99 a square meter, you can get cheaper than the above online. I am just about to have it done as I cannot lay turf due to the large fearns at the bottom of my garden taking the moisture. The modern astroturfs are pretty good, many of the new football centres use 4G turfs that you can actually slide tackle on the quality is that good.

Jesus expensive do that, presumably its fire safe, if some scrotes knew about artificial grass on someone's front lawn!

Or worse, they decide to nick it! Wouldn't take much to roll it up and cart it off. :suspect: